Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• yep it looks like the pulseaudio server is only installed at the librelec file side, there is no way to install pulseaudio sound server for retroarch without apt-get.?

you can try lakka in a spare sd card and check it out, if it works there it should work in LibreELEC.

• yep it looks like the pulseaudio server is only installed at the librelec file side, there is no way to install pulseaudio sound server for retroarch without apt-get.?

Looks like Libreelec uses alsa for bluetooth audio but not sure how you can get it to work without OS support look here and here

• is there no cores for n64 on libretro list?i know it was laggy on rpi2 but was trying to give them another go last night and couldn t find any cores that i know off...thanks

well for some reason cores are not there...so i m trying the ones from lakka...parallel didnt work at all...can t even start...mupen64plus starts the game fine but game not playable...what core is everyone using?

Edited once, last by Mario77 (February 24, 2019 at 3:27 PM).

• Hi,

Just a quick one here and want to no if this would work.

I use a rc6 media center remote and currently I have the power button set to launch emulationstation (as I have a SNES case which has on off switch on it so no need for remote power button).

So my question would be, is it possible to map that same power button on my media center remote to exit emulationstation and return to Kodi.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

• Since kodi is killed to launch emulationstation and retroach, only way to exit emulationstation and go back to kodi is using a bash command, you can do it via ssh but I think you can't using your remote, since remotes connect to LibreELEC using Kodi's JSONRPC...

the bash script is just:

Code
    pkill emulationstation
  • If i try to download cores (or cheats or anything else for that matter) i get a "task failed" error?

Sorry no idea what's wrong with that besides a network issue...you might need to post a log for that..all working fine here..

Cores can be downloaded as a full package from Retroarch addon settings or can be downloaded/updated individually from the Retroarch UI..

If you wish to try to download manually and try to run your roms before you solve the downloading issue, you can download from here the cores you need..

libretro-cores-RPi

libretro-cores-Generic

• Sorry no idea what's wrong with that besides a network issue...you might need to post a log for that..all working fine here..

Cores can be downloaded as a full package from Retroarch addon settings or can be downloaded/updated individually from the Retroarch UI..

If you wish to try to download manually and try to run your roms before you solve the downloading issue, you can download from here the cores you need..

libretro-cores-RPi

libretro-cores-Generic

thanks, dont know how it can be a network issue - i can stream videos on Kodi and surf the net just fine.

Anyway where should i place the cores (running a RPI3B+) when i download them from your link provided?

• thanks, dont know how it can be a network issue - i can stream videos on Kodi and surf the net just fine.

Anyway where should i place the cores (running a RPI3B+) when i download them from your link provided?

Cores folder is here

Code
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.retroarch/cores
  • Hello! I use emulation station and retroarch apps on my pi3b+ with roms installed on a HDD connected via usb. games have always loaded without issue but i havnt played them in weeks and now when i try emulation station shows all my roms and systems on screen but when i click on a game the screen fades to black for a few seconds then returns to the emulation station menu. The same games and cores still start when load them in retroarch tho, I tried uninstalling them both and reinstalled them but still wont load anything but the game list in emulation station. I will try to find my debug log but may take me a while im clueless.