Tanix TX6 LIbreelec 12.0.0 video stuttering problem

• Can you post the sample file somewhere so we can have a look at it?

Sure, try here: https://file.io/nD7cfTqFjux0 or here https://easyupload.io/cf79c7

It's a good test file because it has a lot of smooth panning shots, any stutters stick out like a sore thumb, and again to note this played fine on Allwinner H6 on LE11 (and 12 Beta1/11.95.1), but now struggling on LE12 final so it's a recent regression to bisect.

Edited 4 times, last by powerarmour (May 14, 2024 at 11:51 AM).

• I've tried the test file on LE12/Tanix TX6 and it does play "jerky". I thought the bit where the helicopter flies overhead was the unmissable showcase for the problem. I've played it on other (non LE) devices and it's buttery smooth.

• hello, im having same issue since a couple of days ago, but not always (so maybe problem there before and i didnt see it before), it happends suddenly, some times video "break" images when OSD is up and dissapear when OSD is gone, others is just the contrary, video starts to show "broken" images, bands, jumps, flashes that stops when OSD is opened.

just stopping playback and starting again problem dissapear, have to say that for me, setting to EGL does make no difference

hardaware is orange pi3 lts, install is 12.0 "jernej ethernet patch"

Edited once, last by jordixPI3 (May 20, 2024 at 10:44 AM).

• I've tried the test file on LE12/Tanix TX6 and it does play "jerky". I thought the bit where the helicopter flies overhead was the unmissable showcase for the problem. I've played it on other (non LE) devices and it's buttery smooth.

Bingo, not just my box then. Thanks!

• hi there, the issue seems to be something about subtitles i will explain it: if movie need subs in some pars, subs are on by default, screen flickers, but if subs are not required (some other parts of the movie in my mother language i.e.) subs stops, its ok, but still enabled, just setting them to none, flicker stops.

• I'd sort of given up on my TX6 but the latest nightly Libreelec 13 (Kodi 22 alpha) is a big step forward imho. Only thing I've found is glitchy playback of SD TV streams that are mpeg2 in a day's testing. To me this is insignificant. I'd recommend anyone to try it.

Thanks to Libreelec team for this.