LibreELEC (Omega) 12.0

• Is it a recommended update for a RPi 3b?

If you're on LE9.x currently I'd suggest experimenting with a different SD card first as there are differences (reduced support for HEVC and no 3D). If currently using LE10 or LE11 then just update.

• Quick note: LE 12.0.0 is the first version in a while for which boot from USB on rPi4 is again working. Anyone who went back to TF card can return to USB/SSD.

Thank you to the LE team for the work you do. Love it!

• Hello,

I have updated my Rockpi 4b from LE11.0.6 to LE12.0.0, and I have some issu with addons

First I backuped my system and updated by clean install the LE12.0.0.

After restoring the backup some addons stop working. Especially to "Mythtv PVR Client".

I tested to reinstall this addon without suscess. Find below my log.

Why the curl file is in https://addons.libreelec.tv/11.0.0/ARMv8/arm/pvr.mythtv/ and no in https://addons.libreelec.tv/12.0.0/ARMv8/aarch64/pvr.mythtv/

Thank you for your help

Meirick

After aclean install, the addon "Mythtv PVR Client" can be installed, no issu.

But after restoring the backup, the same probleme appears.

Meirick

Edited once, last by meirick: Merged a post created by meirick into this post. (May 11, 2024 at 1:28 PM).

• But after restoring the backup, the same probleme appears.

Once you restore the LE11 (arm) backup on LE12 (aarch64) the restored binary add-ons aren't going to work as they are compiled for the wrong CPU architecture. This should eventually resolve itself when the LE11 add-ons self-update to compatible LE12 versions. In this scenario all you needed to do was update to LE12 and let add-ons udpate themselves, the clean install ahieved nothing.

• just updated generic legacy from 11.0.6 to 12.0.0 - update finished, after reboot it shows a message addon tvhclient is not supported and will be disabled. it seeams kodi doesn't update the addon correctly. if i look into the addon repo, there is only the "old" version of the addons and not the new for omega installation. then i tried to download the addon manuelly via kodi website, but installation failed becuase of data structure error?? any ideas?

tried a clean 12.0 install and everything works. now installed 11.0.6 again and restored my backup and tvh is working. so i will stay on 11.0.6 for now. i hope someone finds a solution for not updating the repos. it shows repo version 11.0 and not 12.0 on LE 12.0.0

Edited once, last by bumrufus: Merged a post created by bumrufus into this post. (May 11, 2024 at 7:09 PM).

• On restart binary add-ons like Tvheadend are binary incompatible and will be marked bad (until they update). If you have an issue with the repo .. force refresh it.

• i hope someone finds a solution for not updating the repos

Increase Wait for network before starting Kodi in LE-Settings addon from the initial short 10 seconds to fit your needs. The repos are initially updated at startup (and periodically later).

I recommend the max time you are willing to wait when no network is available.

• In Estuary:

Home > Add-ons > My Add-ons > navigate left so the view controls and filters are visible > Check for updates

ah ok i already tried that, no luck. Repo seems to stuck on libreelec 11.0 and not 12.0

just did a clean install and configured all my old settings.

Edited once, last by bumrufus: Merged a post created by bumrufus into this post. (May 12, 2024 at 2:51 PM).