Posts by TomB19

It appears I can add network mountpoints with the following instructions.

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/how-to/mount_network_share

Still looking for CLI solutions for these settings:

Settings -> LibreELEC -> Network -> NTP Servers -> Timeserver #1

Settings -> Media -> Library -> Pictures -> <menu key> -> Switch media....

Settings -> Services -> General -> Device Name [htpc]

Settings -> Services -> Weather -> Service -> Install Multi-weather

Settings -> Services -> Weather -> Service -> - settings

Settings -> Interface -> Regional

Settings -> Interface -> Startup -> Startup Window -> Videos

Settings -> System -> Audio

OK. Using the Kodi wiki and some minor interpretation, I believe the settings are contained within:

/storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

I think I can configure one node, copy guisettings.xml to the server, and then upload guisettings.xml to each node using scp.

I'm having the identical issue, PackElend. TF card works, SSD does not. Current firmware.

I have three Pi4B with 4GB. All bought at the same time. All in Argon One M.2 cases. Two have WD Blue 512GB SSD, one has WD Blue 256GB SSD.

Other pi OSes boot fine.

10.0.0 -> will not boot from SSD

10.0.1 -> will not boot from SSD

10.0.2 -> will not boot from SSD

10.0.3 -> will not boot from SSD

10.0-nightly-20221212-0731809 -> will not boot from SSD

I've tried a bunch of disk imagers: Startup Disk Creator, UNetBootin, Etcher, etc.

The thing is, libreelec used to boot from SSD just fine on these very same systems. This causes me to suspect something with the latest rPi firmware or perhaps a change to syslinux. I've built SSD images from Windows and a few different Linux systems but no help there, either.

I've been using TF cards for the better part of the last year. They work fine so I just carry on with that. I've been thinking of trying PINN and multi-boot for a media player project. When I test LE booting through PINN from SSD, I will report back.

Just boot from TF and be happy the software works as well as it does.

Yeah. Seriously. lol!

Still working on v10.0.2.

I just pulled another brand new rPi out of a box, installed it in a brand new armour case, brand new micro SD card, used the LE Windows utility... fail.

I tried a different SD card reader, this time.

It came up, showed the LE logo and indicated it was resizing the partition, then rebooted, saw the color spectrum, then blank for 5 minutes.

I found v9.2.6 on my disk so I will try that version.

This is totally whacked but I just got LE 10.0.2 to boot from SD after flashing the SD using the OSMC installer to flash it.

I'm losing my mind over here. lol!

Second image is a USB flash drive. First image is an SSD. Both v10.0.2.

Will not boot from SD card.

I just tried flashing the SSD with OSMC and the GUI comes up but with "install failed: could not mount bootfs". So, something is wrong with USB disk boot on every one of these devices, aparently.

These rPi boot with OctoPi and Moode Audio.

Volumio also working....

I've been running LE for many years and LE on an rPi for a couple. 10.0.2 was working fine until last night when I disconnected the rPi to re-arrange the livingroom. The case is an Argon One M.2 with 120 GB SSD.

On reconnect, it wouldn't boot. Tried a bunch of times, re-installed the boot sector. Still won't work.

Tried 3 other rPi, for a total of 4. None working.

Have tried two different rPi on versions 10.0.1, 10.0.0, 9.2.8 (the oldest one on the DL site)

"chroot: can't execute '/usr/sbin/kernel-overlays-setup'

Flashed from Manjaro Linux using SUSE Studio Imagewriter and USBImager. Your tool for Windows will not image an SSD.

Every one of these systems will boot up fine with a Moode Audio image. No way I had 4 systems that were all working all die at exactly the same time, particularly when they all work with Moode.

I suspect I'm doing something silly but can't figure out what. Any help would be appreciated. Ideas...

Found a USB stick. Installed it using the LE USB-SD Creator.

Won't boot, either. Different error, though.

This problem seems to have been caused by a change to the mysql authentication method starting at v8.0 of mysql server. Kodi probably wasn't connecting to mysql since I upgrade the server.

Long story short, I spent a few hours trying to make it work with the old style mysql authentication for kodi and the new style authentication for some scripts. It cannot seem to support both.

I didn't want to convert everything to the old method so I backed out the changes and installed mariadb on a different server for kodi. It's working perfectly now.

Perhaps this thread will help someone in the future.

I used SPDIF for 15 years but am really happy with HDMI audio out of the Pi. In my case, I use HDMI audio from the Pi directly into the receiver.

I couldn't get an extractor to do DD or DTS. My TV won't pass it through, either. The AVR had zero trouble with DD or DTS, including EX and ES, so now I use the second HDMI port for audio and it works perfectly.

There should probably be an FAQ for HT audio out of a Pi. Perhaps some people have audio extractors that handle multi-channel properly and we can start a list?

I just installed 10.0.0 and can't get mysql DB to work. I've read the Wiki and searched the forum quite a bit but haven't been able to crack this nut.

Would really appreciate a bump in the right direction!

The DB seems to be configured properly?

There is clearly something wrong with the database.

The price of the Argon One on Amazon has nearly doubled in the last few months. It's $110 in Canada, right now.

I picked up an Argon One M.2 from a random supplier on AliExpress. There are a lot of vendors, selling the identical product. It was $55 (exactly half) and showed up in less than 2 weeks.

The difference seems to be the fan quality. The three Argon One M.2 cases purchased on Amazon, from Argon40, are very quiet. One does make a squealing noise, sometimes. It stops when I give it a tap.

The Argon One directly from China is far noisier. It's a problem. I had to swap the fan for a better quality fan I stock for my 3d printer. Other than that, they seem to be identical.

Note there is a minor variation in magnets that hold the GPIO cover on newer Argon One cases. They look identical, but the lid is the tiniest bit different. One of the cases from Argon40 has the newer style magnets and the random Chinese case also has the newer style magnets. They call it v2.0 on AliExpress. The newer style holds the lid on better but I can't say I care about the difference.

Just thought I'd mention it in this forum because there is a bit of an ArgonOne community.

Yes.

I also tried switching the HDMI cable to the other port, as well as creating an EDID file for both monitors.

Please understand how much I appreciate the help. I've never dug this deep into LE so I'm ignorant of the details but it's nice to learn more about the system.

Without this change, the screen stays black. With this change, it shows the LE version and hangs. So, it is one step closer to working.

This is the bottom of the config.txt