LibreELEC for H96 Max?

• Good morning, I have an H96Max TV box and would like to know which version of LibreELEC I should install. Also, I'm wondering if I could install it within the TV box using multitool. Thank you.

• rk3318 is the little brother of the rk3328.. try the official ones for this soc. It's not guaranteed that everything will work but they should almost boot.

• Good evening, thank you for the information. I have created the SD cards using official LibreELEC images with a specific device tree (dtb) for RK3318, and they all work. However, I encounter an issue where Wi-Fi networks are detected but when I try to enter my password, it gives an error of invalid password, preventing me from connecting.

Another question is about TV boxes with Rockchip RK3318 not being able to boot directly from the SD card when Android is installed. I have installed a version of Armbian for RK3318, but I haven't fully executed it as it only needs to be installed for the SD card to boot. Could this be the reason why the Wi-Fi is not working correctly, because the Armbian version was not detected properly?

Lastly, I would like to know which version of the official images would be suitable, or if I need to try them out one by one. Thank you.

• However, I encounter an issue where Wi-Fi networks are detected but when I try to enter my password, it gives an error of invalid password, preventing me from connecting.

This is a general issue and nothing to do with your hardware or presence of Armbian. It is proving challenging to resolve as none of the staff can replicate the issue. See: https://github.com/LibreELEC/Libr…ment-2001716879 for the latest ideas on things to fiddle with.

• Good morning. I have the Rockchip RK3318, for which I created an SD card using an official image of its older sibling, the RK3328. I used a device tree (dtb) for the RK3318 by changing it on the SD card once mounted with Balena. My question is, how do I create an image of the SD card that can be useful for later use with multitool on the TV box? I used the program Win32 Disk Imager to create the .img image, but the image it creates is not useful, and it occupies the total size of the SD card, which means when I mount it on another SD card, it doesn't effectively boot the TV box. Thank you.

• how do I create an image of the SD card that can be useful for later use with multitool on the TV box?

Sorry.. no idea and subzero interest in investigating the topic further. As a rule backup/restore of /storage contents is always easier and faster than trying to "full-image" devices so I'd recommend learning some basic tar/untar commands.

• Another question is about TV boxes with Rockchip RK3318 not being able to boot directly from the SD card when Android is installed.

This sounds like a bootloader incompatibility issue, if you have a BSP Android on eMMC then booting to sdcard with a LE mainline image might not work. If you've got a recovery image or don't mind losing Android, you can try wiping the eMMC and seeing if LE will boot then.