Logitech Dinovo Edge Bluetooth keyboard no longer working after update to 11.95.1

• Perhaps the changes regarding Bluetooth in kernel 6.6.21?

Are you able to boot your Mint with an older kernel like 6.5.0-21?

My kernel is on 6.5.0-26-generic (Mint 21.1). I don't think it is a kernel problem, at least not in the kernel itself. I suspect Bluez and more precise the Bluez kernel module.

Bluez v.5.64 on my laptop and v.5.73 on LE 11.95.1.

The newest nightly LE build has Bluez version 5.72, and the keyboad is working here. So I should say something changed in Bluez 5.72 --> 5.73. But why is is not working on my mint laptop with Bluez v.5.64?

Sorry for quoting myself, couldnt find any editing option ... Anyway, that's what i forgot to mention:

I am using the provided Logitech USB dongle which makes the whole thing work out of the box without even having to enable bluetooth within LE. Maybe that's why it is still working for me ...

I also thought of using this but I can't find it anywhere :(

We are talking about this dongle isn't it?

diNovo Edge™ - Logitech Support

Unfortunately the changes do include kernel (6.6.19 to 6.6.21) and bluez (5.72 to 5.73) updates.

So it should be caused by some change in 5.72 to 5.73 (https://github.com/bluez/bluez/compare/5.72...5.73)?

Edited 4 times, last by ehoitinga: Merged a post created by ehoitinga into this post. (April 9, 2024 at 6:38 PM).

• Ok, after fresh module build when updating my Mint laptop to kernel 6.5.0-27-generic the keyboard is working again.

So now I'm sure the keyboard itself is working.

Details of bluez version installed on my laptop:

So what can be the issue in LE? Bluez?

• Narrowing the LE changes between the two dates (as you did) flags a list of changed packages and (as mglae already commented) the two probable causes are a kernel bump and bluez bump; and of the two both mglae and myself would make an educated guess that bluez is the priority to investigate.

What needs to happen next is "bisecting" the commits/changes between bluez 5.73 (non-working) and previous 5.72 (working) to find the specific commit (or series) that introduces the breaking change. This can then be flagged/reported to upstream maintainers to get a fix, or perhaps someone can see the issue and what's needed and then we can upstream a patch.

Have you ever self-built an LE image? i.e. if you have/can we can coach on how to bisect the changes. If we have to make images for you to test and report back which worked/didn't work it's the same process .. but it'll be a lot slower.

• Have you ever self-built an LE image? i.e. if you have/can we can coach on how to bisect the changes. If we have to make images for you to test and report back which worked/didn't work it's the same process .. but it'll be a lot slower.

No, I never built an LE image but I can try. Think it starts with a proper build environment? Can this be done in a mint installation on a Virtual Machine? Or maybe a Docker container?

• Have a read: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/development/build-basics

First step is to build the current LE master branch (LE12). Once that results in a working image that you can boot, we can describe how to bisect the changes.

Installing Ubuntu 22.04 on a virtual machine as build environment. Is suppose it is just a standard installation. Is there any need to install this:

Will a minimal installation be ok? Think there is no need for all the fancy stuff.

Edited once, last by ehoitinga (April 19, 2024 at 9:31 PM).

• Ubuntu minimial with openssh is all that's required; then you can SSH into the VM to install prerequisites and clone sources. There's no need for the GUI environment too, but I guess for some users Terminal access will be easier than SSH.

• Ubuntu minimial with openssh is all that's required; then you can SSH into the VM to install prerequisites and clone sources. There's no need for the GUI environment too, but I guess for some users Terminal access will be easier than SSH.

I'm not sure about the git checkout command. Should it be git checkout 11.95.2 or git checkout 12.0 ? I suppose it is git checkout 11.95.2 to checkout on the latest release in the 12.0 branch?

• Development is always done on master. But don't use branch name master yourself.

Create your own working branch with e.g. checkout -b my_first_working_brach master. If you like to test something else, commit you local changes and create a new branch.

master is only used to follow the official GitHub branch. With special requirements it is of course possible to create your working branch from an older commit.

• Just checkout and build master as the start point. For what we're doing there's no need to commit/save changes.

I'm getting an error when building the image:

It seems that commons-text-1.11.0-bin.tar.gz is not available.

• Change download source:

• Change download source:

You beat me to it :) https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/8825