INTEL NUC NUC8i3BEH NO SOUND PROBLEM

• I tried to fix the problem by disabling the Audio DSP option in the Bios didnt work
    updated the bios didnt work.

any ideas on how to fix it ? i have found that many have problems with nucs this sucks.

• Thanks! If the other three audio output options also deliver no audio, then we need a log file...

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • UPDATE SOLVED (my case)
    FIXED IT and thats who i did it (all the things i did)

updated the bios -- didnt help
    updated the HDMI FW -- didnt help still nothing
    disabled the Audio DSP -- didnt help
    downgraded to libreelec 10
    ran echo "blacklist snd_soc_skl" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist-snd-soc-skl.conf
    enabled passthrough hdmi 1
    and it started to work not sure why

any way checked the setting in libreelec 12 it didnt work

then I tried libreelec 11 the last nightly version
    ran

Code
     echo "blacklist snd_soc_skl" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist-snd-soc-skl.conf

enabled passthrough DISPLAYPORT and output on displayport (NUC8i3) doesnt have a displayport.

buy it worked anyway from hdmi

didn't tried it again in libreelec 12 (using the DP as output with passthrough on DP)

thanks for all your help

• enabled passthrough DISPLAYPORT and output on displayport (NUC8i3) doesnt have a displayport.

buy it worked anyway from hdmi

That's because your NUC uses DisplayPort protocol internally, and then it's converted to HDMI by an LSPCon chip. LSPCon issues are unsolvable by us, so you're lucky. I think the HDMI firmware update was the real fix.