No Atmos TrueHD or DTS-HDMA with new Denon AVR-X4800H reciever

• I just bought a new Denon AVR-X4800H and using an Intel NUC with LibreElec (latest Omega nightly). No Atmos TrueHD or DTS- HDMA. It does play Dolby Atmos JOC (DD+) and multichannel PCM.

When I play Atmos TrueHD the amp shows ‘Dolby Atmos’ on it’s display, hitting ‘info’ on the Remote shows no input channels active, no output channels active. When I play an Atmos Movie, perfect 4K video with HDR, no sound.

Exact same NUC and config (no change) using my old Denon AVR-X7200WA and my Denon AVR-X3400H plays everything fine. I have two identical NUCs with same version of LibreElec. Both play everything on my two old AVRs with no issues. Both don’t play TrueHD or DTS-HDMA on the new 4800H.

The Denon AVR-X4800H does play Atmos TrueHD from a test Fire TV Stick 4K Max (Android Kodi latest Omega build).

Someone on this forum else has reported same issue with a new Denon 3800H. These 2023 AVRs use HDMI 2.1 with HDCP 2.3.

I have a friend that has been using LibreElec on an Intel NUC for 4 years, same issue with his new Marantz AVR. He was using current official LE11 builds and has now bought a new Windows mini PC and runs Windows Kodi. He tried new NUC firmware no luck.

This needs to be solved otherwise LibreElec can no longer be used on latest AVRs. If Kodi Android can play ok, I presume there must be a Linux fix?

Any thoughts on why this may happen?

THX

Garry

• An update:

I now have everything running in LE12 nightly, including Atmos TrueHD and DTS -HDMA.

I bought a NUC11 back in April last year but it was unstable when running 4K HDR movies on the Omega beta back then, so I never used it. I just updated with latest LibreElec Omega nightly (8 months from last tests) and all running perfectly, including 4K HDR with Atmos TrueHD. I just played a whole bunch of test media/codecs and all perfect. I played 15 minutes of Titanic 4K HDR no glitches.

The NUC11 has HDMI 2.0b, I wonder if that’s the issue, the new AVRs have HDMI 2.1. My NUC8’s are HDMI 2.0a. The NUC11 also has update graphics engine so maybe it’s that?

If any dev has an idea of what’s going on with the NUC8 that would be interesting to hear.

THX

Edited once, last by HomerJau (January 31, 2024 at 7:52 PM).