Kodi Library

• So, i downloaded a program that scraps the videos on the desktop.

I had some movies stored on a usb drive connected to the desktop. So, i loaded the movie up here here https://mediacompanion.sourceforge.io/ and it works. I loaded the movie in Kodi library and it works great, a wonderful look.

But i did a few TV Show episodes it that all showed up in the kodi library good.

So the tv show shows up good in the kodi library, but the episodes don't show up in the list.

• So after loading the TV Show up in Kodi library, it just shows the folder, like in my last post, but not my episodes.

So could that be that Kodi is so touchy that it won't show my TV Show episode because that they have to be in their own seasonal folders and the episodes has to be name the correct way.

• Code
    SOURCE
    |--- TVShowName
         |--- Series 01
              |--- TVShowName s01e01.mkv
              |--- TVShowName s01e02.mkv
         TVShowName s02e01.mkv
         TVShowName s02e02.mkv
         TVShowName s03e01.mkv

If you want to put files in Series/Season folders that's fine, but the files in the folder should follow the show name and should include sXXeXX or SXXEXX naming. It's not essential to put them in folders (some of mine are, others aren't) but again, the filenames need to be in the right format for things to scrape properly. You can even have both formats (as above) as long as there's no overlap in the filenames that you are using. My $0.02: keep names short/clean/simple and you avoid scraping issues.

NB: If you want to use random filenames, you need to provide local .nfo files that either map the random filenames to the online URL for the episode in an online scrapable source (IMDB, TVDB, etc.) or you need to provide all info in the local .nfo file and use the "local file" scraper not an online one.

• ReEdit that question.

Example. One of my TV Show that i have (The A-Team), I normally look at cast over at IMDB.

After creating the main source folder name TV SHOWS then i name the sub-folder (The A-Team) and the year at the end.

I dropped all of the (The A-Team) episodes mp4 files in the sub-folder.

Would i rename each TV episode like this for example (S2.E1 Diamonds 'n dust)

Edited 2 times, last by retropie boy: Instead of creating season folders in the TV series folder for each season. I figure i would go for on dropping the TV episodes in the TV series folder, if i can go that way (March 16, 2024 at 5:52 AM).

• I got a scrapper on my desktop. For a test run which i'm doing I scrapped a movie and then i added that to the Kodi library and it works.

For a tv series I scrapped a seasons of a TV show and that scrapped. I tried to add the season to the library and it can up like it shows in the attachment. I enter the series of the TV Show but it wouldn't go, as i try scanning the season to the library.

• Would i rename each TV episode like this for example (S2.E1 Diamonds 'n dust)

No, they would be like "The A-Team s02e01.mp4" .. the filename must contain the show, series number and episode number. Any other info like "- Diamonds 'n dust" is ignored by online scrapers. You can use e.g. s01e01 or S01E01, the casing doesn't matter.

NB: The Kodi wiki is quite clear on this stuff, and you either follow the naming conventions needed or have issues with scraping things to the library. It is technically possible to tweak the regex's used by the scrapers to suit custom schemes, but if you have to ask how that's done you have no business trying to use that feature!

• I got it all laid out.

TV SHOW the main source

Sub-folder the name is tv series

Season folder name of each episode.

I been having issues on adding the TV shows to the Kodi library, so i think that i was missing something.

TV SHOW/sub-folder name of tv show/season each episodes. i think that my issues, i never apparently added the source folder.

Edited once, last by retropie boy (March 21, 2024 at 5:25 AM).

• I have three part episodes

S01E23 And Martha Stewart Have a Ball (1)

S01E24 And Martha Stewart Have a Ball (2)

S02E02 And the Pearl Necklace

When i was working on my videos getting them ready, i join the three part episode together to make a full episode now, i have it

S01E23E24S02E02 - And Martha Stewart Have a Ball (1) - And Martha Stewart Have a Ball (2) - And the Pearl Necklace

But when i add the episode to the kodi library, the video shows up as if i added them part 1 part 2 and part 3 instead of one full episode file. its like if the scraper had scraped the three episode in the full file creating three video files in kodi library.

On the USB drive where i have my videos stored on i have the main source folder/TV series name/season and the one video file