Operation of new library "Version" feature

• I'm not sure if this is a le, kodi or skin problem (i.e. a problem for me at least).

My main library contains all films that are 4K, 3D, FHD or SD and I have set up the Version feature to contain 4K and 3D where there are 2 versions of the same film in those formats.

I also have a Favourites list that filters 4K and 3D (amongst others) using .xsp files.

4K.xsp:

3D.xsp:

XML
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
    <smartplaylist type="movies">
        <name>3D</name>
        <match>all</match>
        <rule field="filename" operator="contains">
            <value>3D</value>
        </rule>
        <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
    </smartplaylist>

The problem is that if I set the 4K film as the default in the Version setup then the 3D version of that film doesn't show up in the Favourites 3D list - but the 4K version does show in the 4K list.

If I set the 3D film as the default then the 4K version doesn't show up in the Favourites 4K list - 3D version shows in the 3D list.

I'm unsure if this is intended or is just a side effect of the way the Version system works and if there is a way round it.

Anyone with an idea that could fix this?

p.s. Using RPi5 with latest le12 nightly and Aeon Nox Silvo skin (version 9.99.3).

• Versions is a new feature that's had a challenging introduction (lots of rework needed since initial merge) so the best place to ask for help with it is the Kodi forum; as that's where the developers who've done (and are still doing) that rework, hang out.

• Versions is a new feature that's had a challenging introduction (lots of rework needed since initial merge) so the best place to ask for help with it is the Kodi forum; as that's where the developers who've done (and are still doing) that rework, hang out.

Thanks, I'll do that.

I guess I was potentially trying to emphasise the issue in order for it to be considered in that rework.

• Could You please post a link to where one can find more info about this.

Couldn't find anything obvious about this on Kodi web of in their form.

Thanks!

• I guess I was potentially trying to emphasise the issue in order for it to be considered in that rework.

"Versions" is the gift that keeps on giving .. the initial merge looked simple but then the 101x unconsidered corner-cases where it had unexpected impact started to show and it's been a complete pain in the rear to fix things; most of the original code has now been reverted and reworked to avoid or better resolve problems. If you report stuff in Kodi forums please be mindful that the devs who read of more issues will be "delighted" to know there's more :)

• Could You please post a link to where one can find more info about this.

Couldn't find anything obvious about this on Kodi web of in their form.

Thanks!

Kodi wiki link:

Video versions - Official Kodi Wiki

I'm not sure which Kodi sub-forum covers this - please let me know if you find it!

"Versions" is the gift that keeps on giving .. the initial merge looked simple but then the 101x unconsidered corner-cases where it had unexpected impact started to show and it's been a complete pain in the rear to fix things; most of the original code has now been reverted and reworked to avoid or better resolve problems. If you report stuff in Kodi forums please be mindful that the devs who read of more issues will be "delighted" to know there's more :)

As mentioned above, I don't know which sub-forum covers this so I think I'll hold off and give it a few weeks for the coding to settle down. Just take a look at the videoversiontype table of MyVideos131.db where lines 24 to 387 are blank and then it shows "4K" and "3D" at the end - of course that might have been generated due to me specifically setting the versions as 4K & 3D.

As a side issue, you wouldn't happen to know which table is used for the field="filename" rule when used in a .xsp file?

• Omega RC1 has shipped (on the Kodi side, we'll be a couple of days probably) so the code is believed to be complete .. until more issues are found that need fixing. So best to post/share the issues and get them documented and public; else Kodi devs assume all is good and won't fix the (unknown) issue. Post the Q with a "not sure if this is the right place, mods please move if not" and if it's the wrong place it'll be moved.