Usb Hard drive not recongize since 11.0.4

• Hi,

my external hard drive is not recognize on libreelec since 11.0.4 version. I install 11.0.5 and still the same issue.

I don't know why because it works on previous versions and other os like osmc.

Do someone has an idea to help me?

thx

• Go to Best Answer
  • Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Code
    Feb 16 18:10:58.938125 LibreELEC kernel: ntfs3: sda2: volume is dirty and "force" flag is not set!

You need to clear the dirty filesystem state with chkdsk.exe on Windows before the kernel can mount the NTFS filesystem the drive uses.

• I re open here coz my hard drive is not recognize each time I restart or when I send files from my pc thru network.

The hard drive is no longer available from Libreelec . there is only a message when I unplugeed it.

I try check disk, restart but nothing works.

• There have been many posts on hard disk errors mostly those formatted NTFS (windows) system. True enough the chkdsk program in windows will fix the errors but is less than quick and a real PIA to use. I have found a much more simple and reliable way to correct NTFS hard drive errors found in LE.

From a windows system: file explorer, right click the disk to repair, select properties, tools, Check for errors button. It will then ask if you wish to repair. Takes under 30 secs and has worked every time for me.