Posts by Marcin

My ISP updated the firmware in their modem-router. Also my neighbours wifi, which had a very strong signal is recently missing. Now my transfers are as below screenshots.

I am quite happy with the speeds. Alhough still not sure if it was the modem firmware or interference from other wifi networks, I think we can close this thread.

Kind regards

Marcin

This ssh command will install docker transmission:

it works very well and the CPU consumption is lower when idle than in the case of docker qbittorrent.

The configuration web is at http://<device-ip>:9091 (user: transmission, password: libreelec).

Thank you for these instructions. It works perfectly. Just two questions: 1) are the ports assignments necessary when you set the --net argument to "host" (just trying to understand docker :)), 2) will the container be updated with the latest image automatically?

Kind regards

Marcin

Dear @HiassofT. You sir are a genius.

In my case first symptoms were some posters for tv shows not downloading. Then I wanted to install a different scraper and found that I can't install any addons. I was so close to formating the emmc and starting a fresh install.

Thank you very much for the solution. How come this just happened by itself? And how come so very few people have this issue?

Kind regards

Hi Jogee

Thank you for your reply.

Connecting a laptop with ethernet cable to the router was a great idea. Now when I copy files between my laptop and the shared HDD I am getting about the same read and write speeds of 25 - 40 MBytes/s (200 - 300 Mbps), which is really good. It's a relatively old 3,5" 2tb seagate with it's own power adapter.

We do know this now.

- It is not an HDD issue.

- It is not an Odroid issue.

One thing remaining is my wireless router, which I think may be the problem, as it is one provided from my ISP.

The other thing is the wireless adapter in my laptop.

Kind regards

Marcin

Dear All.

I hope someone can explain something to me, and hopefully help me find a solution.

I have an Odroid C2 with LibreElec connected to home router via gigabit ethernet cable. One HDD drive for media strorage is connected to Odroid via USB port. Hdd is accesible by smb from home laptop.
    My Laptop connects with home network over 5GHz wifi. Laptop with windows 10, wifi adapter is an Intel AC-8265.

The problem is that I can download data from that shared hdd relatively fast (about 280Mbps) but uploading the data to the hdd is a lot slower (20 - 50

Mbps).

Please see attached screenshot from iperf3 when odroid is a client with comparison when it's a server. This test also shows huge dicrepancies between upload and download.

Since I more frequently upload data to the odroid's hdd (photos, recordings etc) I would benefit from higher trasfer rates to the hdd, than from it.

Can someone explain this please and possibly advise?

Things that make no difference:

Changing wifi channels,

Changing laptop wifi adapter drivers,

Changing usb port where hdd is connected

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards

Marcin

Greetings everyone.

I am trying to create some kind of parental control at router (gate) level, so I can filter traffic for some users. My router does not have any parental control options, but I do have an Odroid C2 running libreelec connected over ethernet to the router. I came accross nxfilter. I tried running it on docker according to the instructions here: GitHub - packetworks/docker-nxfilter: Run NxFilter in Docker!. It looks like it starts but when I check with "docker ps -a" I can see the status says "Exited (1)" instead of "hea.lthy" or something like that.

Can anyone help please?

I managed to get this idea working to some extent by using adguard in docker, but nxfilter seems more feature rich.

Kind regards

Marcin