switch on TV (CEC) when librelec is turned on

• Sorry im not familiar with with log level 1

i active logging in kodi

but to do this i have to make a advancedsettings.xml file and add this in %appdata%\Kodi\userdata\. ?

running kodi at 4K , could be an issue . mmhh i never had issues with the video content . so you advise set it in 1k?
    Could it be possible that 4k was automatically selected during installation, that i think so

Edited 4 times, last by niek: Merged a post created by niek into this post. (January 23, 2024 at 10:36 PM).

• mmh i cannot find the directory \Kodi\userdata

must be debug log be on at?

setting> system> logging > activate specific component logging

Edited once, last by niek: Merged a post created by niek into this post. (January 23, 2024 at 10:28 PM).

• added the file advancedsettings.xml with level 1

disables setting "component specific log"

now wating for bug...

about using 4k at kodi

when i check the load at system information the load is

16% CPU and 3 %MEM, so i see no issue reason to set it to 1K. I im running on 4k for serveral years now with this hardware

Edited once, last by niek: Merged a post created by niek into this post. (January 24, 2024 at 6:07 PM).

• You're still at log level 0. Check advancedsettings.xml.

Code
    2024-01-22 20:51:40.366 T:985      info <general>: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.												
    Code
    2024-01-22 20:51:41.439 T:985      info <general>: CDRMUtils::FindConnector - using connector: DP-2

So you are using DisplayPort (DP). Conversion from DP to HDMI is a known source of trouble. I don't think it's solvable. Search for "LSPCON" on this forum.

• still level 0???

i added this file

<advancedsettings version="1.0">

<loglevel>1</loglevel>

</advancedsettings>

Yes DisplayPort, i think this is the only port which works at libreelec, in my case.

The MB has only a HDMI port , maybe it is a combi port (HMDI/DP) i do not know if i can change it at bios )

Other audio settings, i do not get an audio signal ( ATMOS etc)

• still level 0???

i added this file

<loglevel>1</loglevel>

</advancedsettings>

That's correct. Maybe the file was stored at the wrong place (see post #21).

These are your specs:

ASRock > J4205-ITX

I'm not sure whether it uses an internal DP->HDMI converter (LSPCON chip - that would be bad), or whether you can change from DP to HDMI mode in the BIOS. So yes, please check the BIOS.

• Checked Bios , there is no setting which i could change ( DP> HDMI, or something like that)

Also at kodi . when i choose a other connection like HDMI 1 or HDMI2 ( which is also at the settings), i get no sound.

(using optical is not done in my situation)

The setting which i use, kodi detects also which brand the TV is . So i have no choice in this case

about the level 1

/storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml is the right location., see photo

maybe i upload the incoorect file then ?

i used
    Settings>libreelec>system

send new kodi.log file and configuration( it sends startconfig file from /flash, kodi.log,kernel.log and samba-config to a URL)

or do i have to send the other option ( send crash file)?

• XML
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
      <loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>
    </advancedsettings>

^ this is my /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml; reboot to effect the change.

• Checked Bios , there is no setting which i could change ( DP> HDMI, or something like that)

Then your PC uses an LSPCON chip to convert from DP to HDMI. Post #27 reveals that a DisplayPort protocol is used on the HDMI connector (DP-2 should be HDMI-<NUMBER>). As mentioned, no solution.

• Best solution:

Buy a new PC or RPi5. You have to avoid any DP->HDMI converter. Native HDMI protocol is needed on the output.

Second best solution:

Buy a new AVR with S/PDIF input. You will get digital audio for some codecs. You will NOT get full HD audio or Dolby Atmos.