Audio quality

• Dell Optiplex i5-6500, HDMI adaptor, LE 12 generic (December but not sure just when), 6TB Seagate powered USB HDD

This is the 2nd or 3rd time its happened go to play a video and the sound volume is low and the quality I'd describe as fuzzy. Shutdown Kodi, power off Kodi, HDD, TV; unplug HDMI cable from PC and wave in the air for a few seconds; plug cable back in, turn things on (TV,HDD,Kodi in that order) and sound is back to normal.

Its sufficiently infrequent that I don't want to create a debug log for weeks/months for peple to wade through so anyone have a suggestion.

• Had similar experience here when device has been on standby for a while and trying to play a movie or tv episode, usually fix itself when playing a couple of seconds off of a mp3 and then trying the moviefile again.

Edited once, last by MatteN (December 23, 2023 at 5:11 PM).

• In order for someone to troubleshoot this you may have to wave a magic wand in the air too. 😂

Reluctance to post logs usually points to one thing and is usually responsible for most of the audio/video issues in LE.

On the other hand if that’s not what your issue is m, a look at the logs by others may well resolve your intermittent issue.

• MatteN

Thanks I'll try that the next time

petediscrete

Please try re-reading my post and you'll possibly notice that my reluctance is based on the fact that the problem is intermittent and may take months to recur.

Be as it may but the log could contain a vital piece of information not obvious to you that could easily point to your intermittent problem. What have you got to loose by submitting one. Support possibly. Who knows till you submit one. Logs are requested for a very good reason. They increase your chances of a resolution to your issue.

• What have you got to loose by submitting one

Nothing, but a lot to loose in terms of watchability of videos because of the block of text in the top left of the screen when debuging is enabled. If you have a workable suggestion to obviate that I'd be interested

I'm not sure about the size of file that would be generated either

• Nothing, but a lot to loose in terms of watchability of videos because of the block of text in the top left of the screen when debuging is enabled.

Enable it via the advancedsettings.xml, it will just turn on the debug log (no visualizations):

Code
    <advancedsettings version="1.0">
        <!-- https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced -->

<!--
           -1 = no logging
            0 normal logging
            1 debug logging
        -->
        <loglevel hide="true">1</loglevel>
    </advancedsettings>
  • frakkin64

Thank you. I'll give the other suggestion a try first (playing a bit of mp3) but if that doesn't work I now have an option.

I must be honest and say I'm still dubious abut leaving debugging active and logging for 3+ months