Wifi adapter for Rpi 2

• Hi there,

I have a TP-Link wifi usb adapter for my rpi2 and Libreelec doesnt decognize it anymore.

Can anyone recomend me a cheap and working adapter for Rpi 2 ?.

Thanks!

• If you share logs we might be able to understand why it no longer works and take action (which is cheaper). You won't find many device recommendations because it's too much of a lottery.

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

I wasnt' able to get the logs, I checked the instructions but I couldn't do it...

• I wasnt' able to get the logs, I checked the instructions but I couldn't do it...

To solve that needs information, and the "TP-Link wifi usb adapter for my rpi2 and Libreelec doesnt decognize" doesn't to much. So you need to provide a log and could be usefull some "extended" information about wifi adapter model, LE version...

I had maybe a similar experience last week when tried to update (RPi3B, LE12 nightly) and found two "surprise", my preferate skin and the wifi usb adapter (cheap, RTL8192EU chipset) not worked. Tried the latest LE12 nightly today (seen in changelog "iwlwifi-firmware package updates"), and the usb-wifi working again...

• It's a bit like going to a car mechanic (without the car) and asking why it doesn't work..

/shrug

Exactly why I responded with his option 2 and posted a link to a cheap working wireless dongle for an RPI2 so the matter is resolved in the absence of any further supporting documentation.

• I have an old Rpi2, the one without wifi antenna.

I have a TPLink usb wifi dongle (model TL-WN725N).

When I start Librelec, dongle led is not working and in the menu I cannot acces the wifi options (in my PC dongle works fine). That's why I think the dongle is not recognized by the rpi2 with the last version of librelec (11.0.3).

It's like going to the mechanic with the car, use the keys and the car won't start...

• Your options:

• provide a log file, and we will investigate what's wrong with your current WiFi dongle
    • buy an Ethernet-to-WiFi adapter to avoid any WiFi driver issues in the future
    VONETS WiFi to Wired WiFi Bridge Ethernet/Signal Repeater Mini Industrial 2.4GHz 300Mbps 1 RJ45 Male USB/DC Powered for Monitoring,Electronic Scales,IP Printer,Robots,Medical Devices VAP11G-300
    VONETS WiFi to Wired WiFi Bridge Ethernet/Signal Repeater Mini Industrial 2.4GHz 300Mbps 1 RJ45 Male USB/DC Powered for Monitoring,Electronic Scales,IP…
    www.amazon.com