PVR.HTS: Timeshift for Radio

• Hi, although I am using LibreELEC and TVHeadend since years, I just stumbled upon one thing: thimeshift is only supported when watching TV, not when listening to some radio channel. Is this really not supported, or is it an issue on my side?

Device: RPi 5, LibreELEC 12 nightly, fully updated

Thanks and best

denk

• It seems that the behaviour is different from TV:

Radio : "pause" and "cont" is possible - but I cannot rewind / forward.

TV: It's possible to rewind / forward / pause.

(Libreelec 22.12 on rpi5 / Kodi on Windows / Libreelec 11.0.3 on nuc / Libreelec 9.2.6 on DuoIntel ) shows identical behaviour.

• Tom_W Thanks for confirming the issue. As I wrote in the thread over at tvheadend.org, the web player of TVHeadend seems to allow to pause the stream and start again at the exact position, where I paused. Whereas in KODI, when I pause for a couple of minutes, the stream starts again at the real position, so nothing is cached. As I cannot test any other tvheadend client (TVHClient on Android doesn't support timeshift at all), I am not fully sure but, I would support your assumption that pvr.hts seems to handle TV and Radio differently regarding timeshifting. Maybe ksooo can help here?

• It's not a core issue since pvr.nextpvr supports timeshifted radio, but at the same time this is not a LE issue either so it should it be reported in pvr.hts support on the Kodi forum.

• Yes - and you got an useless answer.

If you are referring to the fact that it was probably a Kodi issue why do you imagine that was a useless answer. The folks at TVH are not in a position to sort out Kodi issues. That’s for the team at the Kodi forum.

Tom_W Thanks for confirming the issue. As I wrote in the thread over at tvheadend.org, the web player of TVHeadend seems to allow to pause the stream and start again at the exact position, where I paused. Whereas in KODI, when I pause for a couple of minutes, the stream starts again at the real position, so nothing is cached. As I cannot test any other tvheadend client (TVHClient on Android doesn't support timeshift at all), I am not fully sure but, I would support your assumption that pvr.hts seems to handle TV and Radio differently regarding timeshifting. Maybe ksooo can help here?

You need to take the matter up with the PVR add on maintainer on their Github

Issues · kodi-pvr/pvr.hts
    Kodi's Tvheadend HTSP client addon. Contribute to kodi-pvr/pvr.hts development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

Edited once, last by petediscrete: Merged a post created by petediscrete into this post. (December 30, 2023 at 7:29 PM).

• If you are referring to the fact that it was probably a Kodi issue why do you imagine that was a useless answer. The folks at TVH are not in a position to sort out Kodi issues. That’s for the team at the Kodi forum.

Usually you get "Update to latest master": useless.