CEC stopped working on Pi4 11.0.3 version

• All I did was turn it off so I could clear the dust off the fan and on powering up no CEC. Using the search for device on my Samsung tv finds no devices.

I found a little command to test the CEC:

A Physical Address of f.f.f.f and Logical Address Mask of 0x0000 seems wrong ?

Plugging my old Pi2 in and it's CEC still works.

I have a backup of 11.0.1 so can I just overwrite and hope that sorts it or do I need to rebuild 11.0.1, apply the backup to it and then update back to 11.0.3 ?

UPDATE:

No mention of CEC in dmesg output.

The Pi4 is not recognising the samsung remote as a CEC device but I can use the Yatse phone app to fully access it via wireless.

i'm NOT liking using a phone to control kodi and as stated the samsung remote works fine with a Pi2.

• Turn all devices off and physically disconnect HDMI cables. Go make a coffee and leave it alone for 15 mins. Reconnect cables and power things on; the TV first, then the RPi4. Any change?

• Thanks chewitt, I did something like that.

I think I read somewhere it only has CEC through one port. So I've changed to the top one next to USB-C power and powered off. Gave it a wee bit of time powered back up, boot screen appeared (didn't previously) and once I reached desktop CEC fully functional again :)

So it seems to initialise the port, plug in, power off and restart.

• ``Same problem, issue started after ugprade to 11.0.3 on RPi4 connected to SamsungTV. That 15min unplug didn't help.

CEC seems to be detected...

Code
    2023-12-29 21:55:14.655 T:1153     info <general>: Register - new cec device registered on cec->Linux: CEC Adapter (0000:0000)

althought cec-client fails...

• waclaw66 Upgrade to 11.0.4. Switch CEC off / on on your TV. Try another HDMI cable, if available.

If it still fails after this...

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • waclaw66 You are using banned add-ons. That means no support. I suggest to install LE from scratch.

newphreak
    March 15, 2016 at 1:02 AM