possible memory leak in nightly builds

• I'm experiencing issues when using nightly builds on my rpi4 4gb. Since build LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20230901-c3d17f9.img.gz the memory usage is permanently increasing until kodi reboots.

Last working build for me is LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20230829-db892cd.img.gz.

Please tell me if further infos are required (logs,...)

• Good morning
    (written with Google Translate)
    yes, that’s the case for me too
    and various other problems with documentation and e.g. Play soccer
    No preview images are displayed - you can no longer jump forward, etc. etc.
    Films and series disappear...
    with the version
    LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20230909-09641de.img.gz
    This is passable again
    Only now I can no longer create new films/series (local information only)
    although everything is set up correctly ... --> Ember MediaManager (https://www.kodinerds.net/thread/72977-e…kussionsthread/)
    Kind regards
    (!written with Google Translate!)

• hmmmm....
    written with google translator!
    I'm sorry, it's again something "corrupt"!?
    I'm going back to the version
    LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20230829-db892cd
    back
    problems and which ones have arisen as described in #2
    I'll continue to hope for the version
    LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20230910-09641de
    Kind regards

• I'm not seeing this here:

What were you (or kodi doing) at that time?

so long,

Hias

• You might want to start by doing a clean installation without any of the banned repositories/addons https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons

1. Can you please tell me which addons you mean? I only found the 5star repo that is on the list of banned repos. I am using the Last Played addon https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=279131 from there, so I am surprised that the repo is banned at all. There shouldn't be a thread in the offical kodi forum if the addon belongs to a banned repo.

2. I can confirm that the memory leakage does not occur with LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20230829-db892cd.img.gz, like the thread opener wrote.

Edited once, last by MaxMustermann (September 11, 2023 at 7:51 PM).

• Yes, that repo is certainly banned and you might have got other crap from it that's not flagged by kodi's pastebin site / banned list.

As we don't know if it's the banned crap, some other addon, or kodi (latter is not too likely since I don't see the issue here) you need to do a clean install anyway to narrow it down. Start with clean LE kodi, add one addon after the other and see if things change.

so long,

Hias

• Your disrespectful, vulgar and aggressive tone based on prejudices goes way to far IMHO. I tried to provide logs to help investigating a technical problem and even wrote a bash script to log memory usage.

I do not want to take part in personal disputes, so I will leave the thread here. Maybe someone else will provide a clean enough log to solve the problem in the end.