Posts by MaxMustermann

Your disrespectful, vulgar and aggressive tone based on prejudices goes way to far IMHO. I tried to provide logs to help investigating a technical problem and even wrote a bash script to log memory usage.

I do not want to take part in personal disputes, so I will leave the thread here. Maybe someone else will provide a clean enough log to solve the problem in the end.

You might want to start by doing a clean installation without any of the banned repositories/addons https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons

1. Can you please tell me which addons you mean? I only found the 5star repo that is on the list of banned repos. I am using the Last Played addon https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=279131 from there, so I am surprised that the repo is banned at all. There shouldn't be a thread in the offical kodi forum if the addon belongs to a banned repo.

2. I can confirm that the memory leakage does not occur with LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20230829-db892cd.img.gz, like the thread opener wrote.

Now I have the strange situation that inputstream and visualization addons have been updated, but pvr addons have not. There isn't even a 'PVR-Clients' category at the 'LibreELEC Add-ons' repository. In particular, I need the pvr.hts addon version 20.5.0.

Hi Pipesmoker,

1. The config for your clients should be here: /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/accesscontrol. Each client has its own file in JSON format.

2. Channels and timers are in /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend too. Channels in subfolder channel/config and autotimers in subfolder dvr/autorec. Just have a try on copying your 4.2 files there. AFAIK the folder structure has not changed.

If you want to set the output to full range and 12bits, you can do so using modetest:

# Broadcast RGB:

# flags: enum

# enums: Automatic=0 Full=1 Limited 16:235=2

modetest -M vc4 -w 32:Colorspace:12 -w 32:"max bpc":12 -w 32:"Broadcast RGB":1

I have a corresponding entry in my autostart.sh script, of course with ()& around the statement in order to run in background.

The id 32 goes for hdmi0, for hdmi1 use id 41.

Hello,

I am on LE nightly LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220424-d546803 and would like to use the python-cec module for some advanced CEC programming. Since there is no pip on LE, I thought it would be possible to compile it myself on another RPi4 with Rasperry Pi OS (64-bit). Using it on LE gives me this error:

Python
     Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/storage/scripts/cec/test.py", line 6, in <module>
        from cec import cec
      File "/storage/lib/cec/cec.py", line 9, in <module>
        __bootstrap__()
      File "/storage/lib/cec/cec.py", line 7, in __bootstrap__
        mod = importlib.util.module_from_spec(spec)
    ImportError: /storage/lib/cec/cec.cpython-39-aarch64-linux-gnu.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

What am I missing? Both OSes are aarch64, right?

UPDATE:

I solved the problem. Had to compile it on the 32bit version of Raspberry Pi OS. In addition to that, it was necessary to compile with libcec version 4 (most current is 6).

The problem was that kodi wrote a wrong path in the profiles.xml on crash (it wrote just "gs" as a path). I don't know why this file is touched at all on every exit, whether something has changed or not.
    Using ssh to close kodi

Code
    systemctl stop kodi

and then correcting the path solved the problem.
    Search for this line and enter the correct path to your userdata folder:

Code
    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <directory pathversion="1">/storage/.kodi/userdata</directory>
        </profile>
    </profiles>

After that, kodi can be restarted

Code
    systemctl start kodi

Why does kodi search for a location "gs"?

I found this in my logfile too:

Code
    16:59:12.315 T:140180110682240  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
    17:59:12.473 T:140180110682240    INFO: creating subdirectories
    17:59:12.473 T:140180110682240    INFO: userdata folder: gs
    17:59:12.473 T:140180110682240    INFO: recording folder:
    17:59:12.473 T:140180110682240    INFO: screenshots folder: /storage/screenshots/

Is there a way to set the right path to my userdata? I.e. ~/.kodi/userdata

I had a Kodi freeze when stopping live tv, so I send "systemctl restart kodi" via ssh. After the restart nearly all of my settings were gone. It was the first time this happened, and I use Kodi (Xbmc) for about 6 years.

This is an extract from my log file:

This is my uncut dmesg output: ufx3EnP3.

It seems that a filesystem error on my ssd occurred, so it switched to read-only mode. I booted the PC with a gparted usb stick and ran fsck on both the system and storage partitions. No error was found.
    I don't know how to fix this error or if it can be fixed at all. Since I can still access all relevant files and have a dedicated disk for these two partitions, it would just be a matter of some hours to setup a fresh system. But if the error could be fixed with some command line trickery I would highly appreciate this.

Can anyone help me, please?