TVheadend 4.3, Client-IPs & Backup Sat-List

• Hi out there,

due to my issues with rpi4b and tvhe-s 4.2 I manged to install 4.3 (still alpha for rpi), sorted out my sat-channel-list. Afterwards I happily managed to lock out my local client. Even WebIf doesn't work. So I've got two questions:

1. Where do I find the config-file for 4.3 to change IP-Range for clients-access by ssh?

2. How can I transfer sat-channels & (auto-)timers from 4.2 to 4.3?

regards.

• Hi Pipesmoker,

1. The config for your clients should be here: /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/accesscontrol. Each client has its own file in JSON format.

2. Channels and timers are in /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend too. Channels in subfolder channel/config and autotimers in subfolder dvr/autorec. Just have a try on copying your 4.2 files there. AFAIK the folder structure has not changed.

• Hi,

You can try these:

SSH to RPi, stop tvheadend service "systemctl stop service.tvheadend43".

Make a backup of your tvheadend server addon (/storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend43 and /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend43 - use ex. filezilla).

Start tvheadend in first run mode SSH: "tvheadend -C"

Try to use the web interface (without login - first run mode) to create new user with full admin rights.

Try to login with new admin user, if working, log out, SSH: close with control+c and reboot.

Check again if the new user working.

Uninstall the tvheadend server addon, when asked keep the addon data (with all your settings).

Reboot and install again.

Try to use the web interface without user (at first run should be active without any login).

Create new admin user with password. Reboot, check.

About "transfer sat-channels & (auto-)timers from 4.2 to 4.3"... check the folders in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend43/

"input", "channel", "bouquet"... don't know if the 4.2 data is compatible with 4.3 version....

• BTW. you can have installed both 4.2 and 4.3 at the same time (of course just one version enabled and the second one disabled) as each version has its own folder.

So it's easy to experiment with copying setting files.

Edited once, last by ghtester (August 31, 2022 at 12:18 PM).