Wetek Play 2 - 11.0.3 bug report

• 1) Audio pass-through - broken (not passing through audio; no audio)

2) CEC recognized but not passing commands such as volume up/down **

3) H.265 small/large steps forward or back causes the video playback to freeze and have a 100% logo in the center *

4) H.264 small/large steps forward or back occasionally causes the video playback to freeze as per above

5) Fresh emmc installation did not resize the /storage partition; had to manually expand the partition (see thread 'Pooched Wetek Play 2 ... now what')

6) With emmc installation, no longer the option to toothpick or powerbutton recover the unit nor to boot from external sd card ... how does one downgrade to v9 LTS???

* turning off hardware acceleration fixes the problem with scrubbing, however there are now +++ dropped frames due to software decoding

It is rare that the video playback recovers, but if it does then there are +++ compression/playback artifacts

** tried a different AV receiver and CEC worked

Edited once, last by thegooddoctor (August 7, 2023 at 5:40 AM).

• 1) PT works here on HDMI but I didn't test S/PDIF in about 4 years (extracting the AVR to cable it is complicated) so that might be different.

3) Read the big fat warning on AMLGX in public release notes

4) Read the big fat warning on AMLGX in public release notes

5) It's unusual but happens occasionally.. easily recovered from

6) Already explained in the other thread (boot from SD card so emmc is not in-use and run "emmctool w /path/to/dd-backup.tar.gz" to write the dd backup of the factory image back to emmc).

As written in the release notes, AMLGX will not be great for all users. If it works for you that's great. If it doesn't work for you (and it appears that way) then you should have low expectations of any major development work to improve it. I'd like to do more but my coding skills are limited and most of the long-known problems require the attentions of people who write kernel driver code.

• Thanks chewitt!

How do I boot from a sd card when the unit refuses to boot from a sd card?

(toothpick method doesn't work, power button on unit no longer puts system in recovery mode)

All I have is access to u-boot (via boot interrupt), then I can 'boot' it - it goes to emmc to boot bypassing any toothpick/power button.

and strangely enough the u-boot doesn't recognize any USB storage device (it sees the hub and that is all)