digibit twin tvheadend setup

• With the help from this forum i got my digibit twin able to detect a lot of astra services, but still about a 1000 services are missing, including cnn and bbc.

On my old system with an dvb-s card i had over 2000 servieces.

The dish got installled by my landliord and there are other satellite too, is there a way to find out how to get the other channels?

should there be only one position? I only connected one port on the twin.

i post some screenshots of the config like it is atm.

I found and old config for vdr, can I use this info?

Code
    S19.2E  11700 V  9750  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F0] W15 A W15 t
    S19.2E  99999 V 10600  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F1] W15 A W15 T
    S19.2E  11700 H  9750  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F2] W15 A W15 t
    S19.2E  99999 H 10600  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F3] W15 A W15 T

S13.0E  11700 V  9750  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F4] W15 B W15 t
    S13.0E  99999 V 10600  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F5] W15 B W15 T
    S13.0E  11700 H  9750  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F6] W15 B W15 t
    S13.0E  99999 H 10600  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F7] W15 B W15 T
  • If you have two dish cables attach both to the two inputs on the Twin. You basically have two tuners. With both cables attached go to TVH and select the Status tab as I advised earlier and do a screen grab and post the results here. You need to tell us what satellite positions you think you have available. Is it 13 degrees and 19.2

• i only have one cable connected, the two dishes are merged somewhere else.

all that disseq stuff seems to be missing with sat2ip.

i deleted all taht eutelsat stuff on my old system, so i only have that listed in my first post.

these are the old settings:

In Tuner 1 you need to configure one satellite for position AA, the next satellite for AB. You can then select a satellite for each position and then scan separately. Again I’ll ask you to do a screen grab for the Status tab. It sounds like you’ve never configured Diseq before. I do suggest you ask your landlord what system he installed. It will take all the guesswork out of this.

• youre right. I tried to contact he company that installed the system, they dont exist anymore.

next step is landlord.

I did add 2 new muxes by hand and now have BBC, is there a way to automate that, how can I be shure to have all channels?

Just use the Configuration Wizard in TVH. It will step you through all the steps giving you the opportunity to add a preconfigured mux table for each satellite.

You signal strength in the Status tab looks quite low. Power off the twin and swap the dish cable to Tuner 2. Power up the Twin and check the Status tab in TVH again to see if it improves. Report back.

• its nearly double, why is that?

can i just work with the second port, do i have to do a new scan or something?

There may be a bug in TVH. Haven’t had a chance to look into it yet.

Yes you can use Tuner 2 but you’ll need to run the Configuration Wizard again to reflect that. It will make your life a lot easier if you are not fully aware of Diseq setups.

As soon as you get a second dish cable connected to the Twin you will see the full potential of the Twin.

• i stopped yesterday and watched some TV...

How many muxes shoud be on astra?

It looks like the muxes for the missing channels are there and even the service, but the channel does not appear in

the frontend. the service has a service name, but not a channel name.(3sata HD)

Ill do the reset this afternoon.

• i stopped yesterday and watched some TV...

How many muxes shoud be on astra?

It looks like the muxes for the missing channels are there and even the service, but the channel does not appear in

the frontend. the service has a service name, but not a channel name.(3sata HD)

Ill do the reset this afternoon.

When you refer to Astra I’m assuming you are talking about Astra 19.2. I use Astra 28.2 and the predefined mux list shows 120 muxes when in fact there are only 87 active muxes. I imagine it will be something similar in Astra 19.2. Best to check in Lyngsat for a full list of active transponders.

Astra 1KR/1L/1M/1N at 19.2°E - LyngSat

I suggest you compare your mux list to the one on Lyngsat and delete the muxes that are not active in TVH.

The main purpose of my response was to help you set up the Twin which now appears to be achieved. Configuration of TVH can be investigated further by checking out the TVH documentation

Documentation - Tvheadend

or the forum

Forums - Tvheadend

As I mentioned earlier you won’t get the full benefits of the Twin until you have a second dish feed connected to the second input on the Twin but now you have confirmed the Twin is functioning correctly.

• rupat

My experience with Digibit Twin tells me that it is unable to tune to some HD channels, verified with Hellas 39ºE satellite.

I’ve no issues with any channels on Astra 28.2 in SD, HD or UHD. Could you be a bit more specific on what channels you couldn’t tune to on Hellas 39e so others can check and verify.

• mmh, i hope those channels will work too.

I would like to reset the whole muxes, services adn stuff.

Some muxes are for dvb-s some are dvb-s2 and on many there is a FAIL on scan result.

restarting the wizard only gives me iptv stuff. Should I just rename the service folder in kodis userdata?

• mmh, i hope those channels will work too.

I would like to reset the whole muxes, services adn stuff.

Some muxes are for dvb-s some are dvb-s2 and on many there is a FAIL on scan result.

restarting the wizard only gives me iptv stuff. Should I just rename the service folder in kodis userdata?

What exactly do you have installed on LE. If it’s not too much trouble I strongly suggest you do a fresh install and this time only install the Kodi 4.3 server add on and the Kodi PVR client. You may have corrupted some settings.

It sounds to me like you’re not very familiar with TVH. Is that correct. I’m trying to keep this as simple as possible unless you are comfortable with manual configuration of TVH.

By running the Configuration Wizard you do reset all the previous settings. I suggest you reconnect the dish cable to the Input 1 on the Twin first, power cycle the Twin, allow it to go through its power on self test routine. Then reboot your RPI to enable it to discover the Twin in TVH. From there you can run the Configuration Wizard.

From there you’ll know exactly what you need to do to get the Twin up and running with TVH and the Kodi PVR in LE.

Again I also suggest you find out from the landlord exactly what dish system was installed. If you have a Diseq switch involved you’ll need to account for this in TVH when you are configuring it. Is this dish system shared by anyone else I wonder