System crash

• Hello everyone.

System - raspberry pi 3

Version - LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-11.0.1

Crashes occur during operation (Usually after 5-10 minutes). Then recovery mode appears (red background) and does not disappear after reboot.

I installed only the Radio, the system is clean.

Log - http://ix.io/4B1e

• Code
    Jul 20 04:12:23.794283 LibreELEC kernel: hwmon hwmon0: Undervoltage detected!

Use a proper power supply.

so long,

Hias

I have a 2.4Amp power supply with a stable 5.2 volts. It's strange that there is not enough, I used it before and everything was fine.

• I have a 2.4Amp power supply with a stable 5.2 volts.

Are you powering your RPI 3 via GPIO or via microUSB? And did you measure the 5.2V under load or when the PSU is idle?

The microUSB specifications list a amperage of maximum 1.8A for this type of connector. In general the microUSB socket/plug isn't that great when higher power is demanded because they have tiny connectors and a quite high resistance. They also tend to degrade quite quickly and a loosy connection is often what I got with my microUSB sockets/plugs.

“Withholding information is the essence of tyranny. Control of the flow of information is the tool of the dictatorship.”

Still testing another PSU might be worth. I have 12/24V PSU which worked for years for long runs of led lightning and one day started to produce a more or less regular flicker. These PSU still have the rated voltage (even under load) when measured and "look" fine but I degraded them to simply open and close valves now because they are not fit for my lightning applications anymore. Maybe some capacitors lost some liquid and the ripple got bigger? Power supplies age - and mostly they don't age well.

Edited once, last by therealwolve (July 24, 2023 at 12:17 PM).

• Are there any other USB devices attached to it that could be drawing a heavy load. You haven’t mentioned this in your original post. Are you running the Pi3 off a power strip. Try relocating it. If all else fails your PSU could be gone bad or you may have a short. If the PI3 is in a case remove it and hook it all up again. Also with the Pi3 powered off try reconnecting the HDMI cable.

• Are you powering your RPI 3 via GPIO or via microUSB? And did you measure the 5.2V under load or when the PSU is idle?

The microUSB specifications list a amperage of maximum 1.8A for this type of connector. In general the microUSB socket/plug isn't that great when higher power is demanded because they have tiny connectors and a quite high resistance. They also tend to degrade quite quickly and a loosy connection is often what I got with my microUSB sockets/plugs.

Still testing another PSU might be worth. I have 12/24V PSU which worked for years for long runs of led lightning and one day started to produce a more or less regular flicker. These PSU still have the rated voltage (even under load) when measured and "look" fine but I degraded them to simply open and close valves now because they are not fit for my lightning applications anymore. Maybe some capacitors lost some liquid and the ripple got bigger? Power supplies age - and mostly they don't age well.

I have a power supply from an old tablet (usb), the current is such under load (measured by a tester). This is the most powerful one I have at home.

• Are there any other USB devices attached to it that could be drawing a heavy load. You haven’t mentioned this in your original post. Are you running the Pi3 off a power strip. Try relocating it. If all else fails your PSU could be gone bad or you may have a short. If the PI3 is in a case remove it and hook it all up again. Also with the Pi3 powered off try reconnecting the HDMI cable.

There is definitely no short circuit and other problems with the power supply. I have previously used Raspberry PI OS and everything was fine. The red background on Kodi appears at random moments. Depending on the connection and disconnection of various add-ons. I don't notice any devices.

Only the keyboard and monitor from the PC via hdmi are connected to the Raspberry.

• There is definitely no short circuit and other problems with the power supply. I have previously used Raspberry PI OS and everything was fine. The red background on Kodi appears at random moments. Depending on the connection and disconnection of various add-ons. I don't notice any devices.

Only the keyboard and monitor from the PC via hdmi are connected to the Raspberry.

Hi, I'm using 2 RPi3 with LibreElec (was 3, one I replaced with RPi4 recently) for years and didn't noticed any similar issue, even when had power source issue. And I didn't know to exist any "recovery mode" for RPi3 version of LE. Did you installed to SD card using the "LibreELEC USB-SD Creator"? A fresh install, without any addon, could be done, better if you have an another SD card to exclude the card issue too...

About the power source, if you can to try with another, just to be sure is OK... Try to change the USB (power) cable too, a short cable is better.