Deleting TVH 4.3

• Not sure which forum to post in but here goes.

I installed TVHeadend 4.3, decided to try 4.2 and see if I can transfer my settings from the RPi3 to Dell Optiplex (both running LE). When I delete 4.3 it asks if I want to delete everything - I say yes. After installing 4.2 the 4.3 settings are still there - channel list etc.

What is going on?

• You pretty much posted the same thing here but never came back with any update. You don’t need to delete either version. Just disable one version and enable the other.

LybsterKodi
    July 4, 2023 at 11:10 AM
  • Decide what version of TVH you want to run and enable it. That will point the TVH service daemon to that version.

Once you have done this go to the TVH Web UI and run the Configuration again noting the name and password you use for both Admin and User access. Do a fresh scan and map the services you require.

Once you’ve completed the above, in LE go to PVR Live Tv section and delete all channels and epg settings. Reboot LE and you should have all the new channels and epg you found when you ran the Configuration Wizard in TVH.

Maybe you could report back here and let us know how you are progressing.

I think most of this has been explained to you here. I’d avoid using backups of LE from different hardware platforms. Start fresh installing LE/TVH server/client on your Dell machine Backup TVHeadend server via SSH

• Thank you for trying to be helpful.

However, you have not answered the question I actually asked. LibreElec asks if I want to REMOVE the addon not disable it. If I then go to reinstall it there is no download process hence I assume it has not been removed. If I look in userdata/addon_data I can't see the service.tvheadendxx folder so where are the parameters being retained and why?

Hopefully that clarifies what I'l looking for information on.

• Kodi caches versioned addon installer zip packages in /storage/.kodi/addons/packages so if you (re)install a package which has already been downloaded and is present in the cache it will be installed using the cached package and will not be (re)downloaded. Kodi also stores add-on settings under /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data so when you delete something and it asks you about deleting data on disk; that's what it refers to. If you don't delete the data on disk you can delete the add-on (will not be present in /storage/.kodi/addons) but if you later reinstall the add-on the previous add-on settings will be reused. Since DVB client add-ons interact with DVB server/source apps; some config may be persisted upstream too, e.g. channel layouts and EPG settings.

• Thanks, that's roughly what I was expecting. Next question - is it "dangerous" to delete the stuff from /storage/.kodi/addons/packages

ps

How's the new job going?