[LE 11] Wetek play 2

• Nope. Amlogic S905.

Thank you. Glad I didn't try.

I have a hub of drives plugged into the Play 2. I am having trouble mounting the drives in windows. I can get to the userdata directory, but no drives are listed in windows to map. Would this be SMB a setting in Kodi? All drives shared is enabled.

If you were choosing between RockPro64 and the virgin RPi5, which would you choose for a new box?

• No idea on the SMB issue; look at system logs on the Windows side and LE system (not Kodi) log.

RockPro64 is nice hardware RK3399 but despite having a sample somewhere I've done little with it and can't speak from experience about how it runs LE these days; my general impression is that RK3399 doesn't have all its capabilities supported (but I could be speaking out of my rear .. since I don't use them much/ever).

RPi5 is faster and despite being technically less capable on-paper in terms of codecs is probably more useable today, and I speak from the personal experience of using one over the last few months during pre-launch dev/test. RPi5 would be my go-to (as it already is).

• RPi5 would be my go-to (as it already is).

I saw a review where they mentioned an increase in the power the USB could provide on RPi5. Sorry, I'm not a tech. This reminded me of v1 of RPi. I quickly blew the silicon fuse by hooking a hub of drives to it.

I had been running a RockPro64 for a couple years, but it goes tits up every now and then. When it works, it works well. Snappy. The power switch is a little funky in its operation. It just failed me for the second time, and that's why I have the Play 2 out of storage. I am unsure of the problem.

I have a high quality hub, Ankor, with 7 drives on it. The Play 2 can't seem to mount them all. If I plug in just 4 drives, they all show up. I am thinking this has to do with the USB power limitation issue I mentioned above? That the Play 2 might be limited in USB power and therefore can only deal with a limited number of drives? Is this a reasonable guess?

If it is a reasonable guess, could the 7 drives "hurt" the RockPro64, or future Pi, or even the Play2?

(all drives run on their own wall wart p/s, and the hub has a beefy p/s too)

So I do not know at this stage whether to replace the RockPro64, or buy a new Pi. The winner gets saddled with a bunch of drives, for sure.

Be well.

PS I tried the RPi4 for video, It's OK in a pinch, but not as my daily driver. Vero 4K is not snappy enough.

• I'm reading your description and my first thought is .. this user needs to get a NAS box and migrate the mess of USB drives and cables and wall-warts into a single device that just sits in the network serving media. Not the cheap option, but it'll be a pile more reliable for any client box/board to work with and you'll quickly forget all about USB woes and focus on movie watching.

NB: No idea about numbers of drive limits or power limits; not my area of expertise.

• Nope sorry only ethernet

And for now I'm still using Coreelec 9, as LE11 don't shut off, using LE 11 as test

LE12 power off works now for me (e.g. LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-12.0-nightly-20231130-0d2323e-box.img.gz) and wifi as long as the router has FT disabled as well.

An issue I see with LE12: If I scroll in a stream (e.g. ARD Mediathek), the player freezes immediately and sound stops somewhat later. But maybe that is also a settings issue, I just used the default config, I just configured wifi.

• An issue I see with LE12: If I scroll in a stream (e.g. ARD Mediathek), the player freezes immediately and sound stops somewhat later. But maybe that is also a settings issue, I just used the default config, I just configured wifi.

I'd guess this is an HEVC stream because seeking in H264 generally works well and HEVC is mostly play/stop/no-seek .. depending on the underlying media stream (some stuff I have seeks fine, most isn't so good though) as the HEVC decoder needs work.