[8.0.2c] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KI Plus / KII Pro / KI Pro

• Well, just for fun ... not sure if it was already posted here before.

K1 Plus and Also KII Pro - does also have great firmware mod at XDA ( for Android )

[ROM] Custom firmware for KII Pro DVB-S2/T2 | Android Stick & Console Computers
    This is for KII Pro - DVB-S2/T2

[ROM] Custom firmware for K1 Plus DVB-S2/T2 | Android Stick & Console Computers
    This is for K1 Plus - DVB-S2/T2

Also at least for KII Pro, it was said that with TWRP Recovery ( posted there ) you can easy install the Wetek Play 2 firmware and it works - ... a kind of OOBE

So this device getts much better now. Sure i will grab a unit for me :D

• AGAIN!!!

Your post missed right forum.

THIS FORUM IS ABOUT LIBREELEC! !!!

Please, don't spam this thread with irrelevant info!
    What is good on Android ?

Edited once, last by afl1 (May 9, 2017 at 7:46 AM).

• Hi AFL,

Here is the the link : giQX

The kodi.bin crash at the end of the log is normal, I am testing some stuff in kodi, not related to DVB.

Thanks.

Reboot box, connect to box via ssh and submit command:

Code
    dmesg | paste

and publish 'sprunge.us' link.

[hr]
    Hi prival17,

I tried on a stock android and I got the same error. Do you think it could be a problem with dtb.img (specific to KII Pro) not taken into account during boot ?

I will try on a KI Plus and see if it works.

Edited once, last by nmadrane (May 9, 2017 at 8:40 AM).

• Hi AFL,

Here is the the link : giQX

The kodi.bin crash at the end of the log is normal, I am testing some stuff in kodi, not related to DVB.

Thanks.

In log I see you are not running my build

Code
    [    0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
    [    0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
    [    0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
    [    0.000000@0] Linux version 3.14.29 (nabil@SCHUBERT) (gcc version 6.3.1 20170109 (Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.02) ) #1 SMP Wed May 3 23:21:32 WEST 2017
    [    0.000000@0] CPU: AArch64 Processor [410fd034] revision 4

My builds starts with following ID.

Code
    [    0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
    [    0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
    [    0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
    [    0.000000@0] Linux version 3.14.29 (afl1@afl1) (gcc version 6.3.1 20170109 (Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.02) ) #1 SMP Fri May 5 22:36:29 CEST 2017
    [    0.000000@0] CPU: AArch64 Processor [410fd034] revision 4
  • Hi,

I just grabbed your source code from git and built it. The only difference I see is the user id : afl1@afl1 versus nabil@SCHUBERT

Maybe I should re-clone from scratch. Do you see any strange stuff in the log, related to aml_fe ?

Cheers

In log I see you are not running my build

Code
    [ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
    [ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
    [ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
    [ 0.000000@0] Linux version 3.14.29 (nabil@SCHUBERT) (gcc version 6.3.1 20170109 (Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.02) ) #1 SMP Wed May 3 23:21:32 WEST 2017
    [ 0.000000@0] CPU: AArch64 Processor [410fd034] revision 4

My builds starts with following ID.

Code
    [ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
    [ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
    [ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
    [ 0.000000@0] Linux version 3.14.29 (afl1@afl1) (gcc version 6.3.1 20170109 (Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.02) ) #1 SMP Fri May 5 22:36:29 CEST 2017
    [ 0.000000@0] CPU: AArch64 Processor [410fd034] revision 4

• Hi,

I just grabbed your source code from git and built it. The only difference I see is the user id : afl1@afl1 versus nabil@SCHUBERT

Maybe I should re-clone from scratch. Do you see any strange stuff in the log, related to aml_fe ?

Cheers

In your log are missing following lines:

Most likely is missing following file:
    /usr/lib/modules-load.d/aml_fe.conf

• Thank you afl1 for this great build :)
    I'm baaack with a new KII Pro :D :cool:

Do you know why there is a error while booting which is saying "rpcbind failed"?

Thank's :)

For deep explanation ask kszaq - kernel guru. But from my experiences nothing important, it only appears after upgrade.

• Great work AFL !

Could you please check projects/S905/patches/linux/zz-850-amstream.c.patch
    This patch gives me an error when compiling 8.0.1i :

APPLY PATCH (project) /home/nabil/LIBREELEC/AFL/8.0.1i-NEW/http://LibreELEC.tv/projects/S905/patches/linux/zz-850-amstream.c.patch
    patching file drivers/amlogic/amports/amstream.c
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 3567 (offset 374 lines).
    patching file drivers/amlogic/amports/tsdemux.c
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 84 (offset 7 lines).
    patching file drivers/amlogic/amports/Makefile
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 101.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/amlogic/amports/Makefile.rej
    Makefile:12: recipe for target 'image' failed

Thanks

• I forgot update it. Now it is fixed.

• TVHeadend fails at scanning 2 of our 5 local DVB-T muxes. It failed in 7.x, and still fails in 8.x.
    VDR worked as an alternative in 7, but that seems to be basically dead now (in the first 8.x build I tried, it would work once then lock, and in the latest build, it just doesn't find any channels).
    And for reference, all channels worked correctly in the Android firmware.

But... I found a Realtek USB tuner I've had for years, and plugged that in. TVHeadend works fine with that.

So the question: Is that due to the built in tuner having a crappy kernel module? Is it something the community gurus are working to improve, or something that's stuck because it's closed source?

Also, overall, I love how this exists - it's what these boxes should have been built with to start with :)

• TVHeadend fails at scanning 2 of our 5 local DVB-T muxes. It failed in 7.x, and still fails in 8.x.
    VDR worked as an alternative in 7, but that seems to be basically dead now (in the first 8.x build I tried, it would work once then lock, and in the latest build, it just doesn't find any channels).
    And for reference, all channels worked correctly in the Android firmware.

But... I found a Realtek USB tuner I've had for years, and plugged that in. TVHeadend works fine with that.

So the question: Is that due to the built in tuner having a crappy kernel module? Is it something the community gurus are working to improve, or something that's stuck because it's closed source?

Also, overall, I love how this exists - it's what these boxes should have been built with to start with :)

Sorry, hard to help you without any log or version numbers. There was done lot of works in fixing internal dvb tuner issues. Nobody, instead of you, is reporting scanning issue now. In my experiences internal tuner is more reliable than any external Realtek USB tuner. I can scan all 5 local DVB-T muxes (one of them is DVB-T2).

• Update in #1.
    I tried to follow kszaq's build, but my approach to LiveTV is different. I prefer faster channel switching. In current Kryton LiveTV a/v sync implementation is trade-off between faster switching and deep of a/v queues. I tried to keep those queues on minimal acceptable level. In some condition it can happen after channel switching for a while intermittent audio playback. This issue is fixable by adding time for switching channel or totally rewriting LiveTV synchronizing in Krypton (Kodi).

Edited once, last by afl1 (May 12, 2017 at 6:55 PM).