Posts by tin

TVHeadend fails at scanning 2 of our 5 local DVB-T muxes. It failed in 7.x, and still fails in 8.x.
    VDR worked as an alternative in 7, but that seems to be basically dead now (in the first 8.x build I tried, it would work once then lock, and in the latest build, it just doesn't find any channels).
    And for reference, all channels worked correctly in the Android firmware.

But... I found a Realtek USB tuner I've had for years, and plugged that in. TVHeadend works fine with that.

So the question: Is that due to the built in tuner having a crappy kernel module? Is it something the community gurus are working to improve, or something that's stuck because it's closed source?

Also, overall, I love how this exists - it's what these boxes should have been built with to start with :)

This has probably been covered somewhere in the guts of the thread, but I can't see a way to search a specific thread....

I have a 7.0 build installed to internal flash. I'm not 100% sure who built it, but it's a version with working internal DVB tuner. My 2 questions are:
    Can I use the internal upgrade file to upgrade to the latest of these 8.0 builds?
    And will doing so lose my data (Kodi "watched" status is really all I care about).