[8.0.2c] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KI Plus / KII Pro / KI Pro

• I already pre-ordered it.

• Hi AFL,

I am building your source code for KII Pro. I know that I must put a specific dtb.img on the SD card before booting the box. However I would like to integrate that dtb.img inside the source tree. Could you please tell me where I should put it in the LibreELEC tree before compiling ?

Thanks.

• Hi Guys,

Does any one tested Those Hybrid ( DVB-S2/T2 ) units with a cable system (DVB-C).

I asked because even if it says DVB-T2 - these are exactly the same specs as DVB-C ... so, any chance to work with it ?

VideoStrong says there is a DVB-S2/C combo unit, exactly what i'm looking for, but cannot find out anywhere listed like this.

Will LibreElec work on this ??

Code
    DVB-T2 system standard:ETSIEN 302 755Support MPLPDemodulation: QPSK,16QAM,64QAM or 256QAMForward error correction rate 1/2,2/3,3/4,3/5,5/6Guard interval :1/4,19/256,1/8,19/128,1/16,1/32,1/128Bandwith: 6/7/8MHzInput Frange range:54--860MHz Input Impedance:75 ΩInput Signal level: -84 dBm to 0 dBm (average power)ANT. Connector:IEC TYPE, female
  • Hi @ygor.almeida,
    if you mean K1 Plus with DVB S2/T2 or K2 pro with DVB S2/T2-- Yes, DVB-C work with build from this thread. Read carefully post #1
    Videostrong write something in description, but enginers not want to make Android App to work with DVB-C :D

Edited once, last by kokovi4 (May 8, 2017 at 7:44 AM).

• Hi,

I get the following text ouput on the screen when my KII Pro boots. I compiled 8.0.1i from source code.

[FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules
    See systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service for details
    etc.

(Please have a look at the enclosed screenshot)

The box actually boots and I get Kodi running. The only problem is that the DVB driver is not loaded (no /dev/dvb* stuff)

When I run the above systemctl command it tells that :

Failed to insert 'aml_fe': No such file or directory

By the way, I am booting from a SD card and I have copied dtb.img (specific to KII Pro) on that SD card.

Thanks

• Try to use another SD card. Your card is most likely damaged.

• it seems that S905D like S912 has 2x TS input Demux, Very cool, we can now use the 2 tuners on the same time, providing that the kernel support it :D

Edited once, last by kyuta (May 8, 2017 at 7:40 PM).

• Hi AFL,

No, it didn't work. I tried with a new SD card and I get the same error. Any other idea ?

I also tried to update by copying the .tar and the dtb.img to /storage/.update/. It reboots, finds the update, installs everything... but same error.

Try to use another SD card. Your card is most likely damaged.

Edited once, last by nmadrane (May 8, 2017 at 8:01 PM).

• Hi @ygor.almeida,
    if you mean K1 Plus with DVB S2/T2 or K2 pro with DVB S2/T2-- Yes, DVB-C work with build from this thread. Read carefully post #1
    Videostrong write something in description, but enginers not want to make Android App to work with DVB-C :D

Hi kokovi4, wow, thanks for that update .. i will get a K2 Pro unit. To use With DVB-S2 and C !!!

Hope new Mecool unit also get the same support as the other ones too.

Btw, you are the first one to help me on this, i've asked directly in videostrong email, and other sources, and no one could tell me that.

Today i found out a comment at CNX-Software blog, about DVB-C support on AceMax Brand of the almost same hardware.

This one is for S912, have no idea if the APK does also works With S905/X

New DTV Apk with improvments and DVB-C support here
    th_dtv.AVL6862.20170502.145839.apk - pCloud

you need to manually insert QAM frequencies … they automatic scanning isn’t gave me good results … but once set each freq manual mode and then scan them all channels were detected and working just fine.
    From @ovi at CNX-Software

Edited once, last by ygor.almeida (May 8, 2017 at 8:45 PM).

• Hi AFL,

No, it didn't work. I tried with a new SD card and I get the same error. Any other idea ?

I also tried to update by copying the .tar and the dtb.img to /storage/.update/. It reboots, finds the update, installs everything... but same error.

Reboot box, connect to box via ssh and submit command:

Code
    dmesg | paste

and publish 'sprunge.us' link.

• I was helped in a similar situation only by the re-installation of the stock android

Hi AFL,

Edited once, last by prival17 (May 9, 2017 at 3:37 AM).