[8.0.2c] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KI Plus / KII Pro / KI Pro

• I think that a/v sync issues are caused by the lateframe patch. In my latest build I only increased a limit in Kodi - this fixes frame jumping in my test samples:
    LibreELEC.tv/kodi-le-030-lateframes.patch at d3763339ea877854e635bf7c00f46fb8d2ab87e1 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Skipping 'late frames' is very drastic solution to achieve video/audio sync causing video playback stuttering. This procedure have to be for freerun mode totally relaxed. We have to find another way how to reach av sync. In current stage simple workaround is to use timeshift. Shifting playback few seconds back will reach perfect av sync without any drops and skips.

• Hi AFL,

I am trying to build 8.0.1i from source.

I get an error with media_build. It seems that there is a problem with the following patch file : packages/linux-drivers/media_build/patches/media_build-02-add-to-backports.patch

Here is the error message :

Code
    CLEAN    media_build
          * Removing build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel/media_build-2017-04-17 ...
      UNPACK   media_build
          APPLY PATCH (common)   /home/nabil/LIBREELEC/AFL/8.0.1i/LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers/media_build/patches/media_build-01-remove-rmmod.pl.patch
    patching file v4l/Makefile
          APPLY PATCH (common)   /home/nabil/LIBREELEC/AFL/8.0.1i/LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers/media_build/patches/media_build-02-add-to-backports.patch
    patching file backports/backports.txt
    patch: **** malformed patch at line 19:  add v4.8_user_pages_flag.patch

When I compare the content of backports.txt and what the patch is trying to do, it seems that this is the wrong patch (or maybe the wrong version of backports.txt).

Would you please check that on your side ?

PS : If I disable this patch, I get a lot of errors when compiling, like this one :

/aml_dmx.c:3874:7: error: 'DMX_SOURCE_FRONT0_OFFSET' undeclared (first use in this function)
    case DMX_SOURCE_FRONT0_OFFSET:

Thanks a lot.

• Test build to fix LiveTV lipsync issue.
    LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1j-test-I.tar

Channel switching is a little bit slower to allow better a/v sync.

Playback test of high bitrate samples with 0 drops, 0 skips:
    - jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv with TrueHD passthrough
    - Samsung_UHD_7Wonders_of_the_World_Italy.mkv
    - Peter_Gabriel_BDRip_Test.m2ts
    - LG_Chess_HDR.mp4

Only jellyfish-200-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv in first part (over 250 Mbps) is jerky.

This testing build you can run in any S905/S905X box supported by kszaq.

Edited once, last by afl1 (May 2, 2017 at 7:45 PM).

• I updated sources for 8.0.0i.
    media_build: 2017-04-17-rpi
    [hr]

afl1, so I can run this build on wetek play2 and internal dvb tuner will work as well ?
    Regards

You can run it but without support for internal tuner. Wetek driver isn't public.

Edited once, last by afl1 (May 2, 2017 at 8:13 PM).

• Hdr not supposed to be supported with s905 (KII PRO) as far as I know.
    Afl1 you mentioned that you test it with lg hdr file. Can you please update what you saw?. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Hdr not supposed to be supported with s905 (KII PRO) as far as I know.
    Afl1 you mentioned that you test it with lg hdr file. Can you please update what you saw?. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

You can play HDR, there is only less contrast and color saturation. I used it only for testing high bitrate 4k H265.

Edited once, last by afl1 (May 3, 2017 at 5:13 AM).

• Test build to fix LiveTV lipsync issue.
    LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1j-test-I.tar

Channel switching is a little bit slower to allow better a/v sync.

Playback test of high bitrate samples with 0 drops, 0 skips:

Please remember that skips are present mostly on S905X devices, not S905. Unfortunately this test version of your doesn't solve issues with S905X.

afl1, so what driver uses GDPR-1 or codesnake or LibreELEC team in their builds for play2? Or maybe You mean that for now is not possible to build version with all drivers for play 2/k1/2/media_build in one?

WP2 internal tuner driver is a pre-built kernel module (proprietary, without public sources).

Every DVB driver is a kernel module that depends on dvb-core. If you use media_build kernel modules, they depend on dvb-core from media_build. WP2 internal tuner driver is compiled with dvb-core from 3.14 kernel and not media_build and it can't be used with dvb-core from media_build. Also you can't have 2 dvb-cores loaded at once - this means you cannot use WP2 internal tuner driver together with driver from media_build for any other tuner.

• Update #1. Fix for lipsync issue introduced in 8.0.1i. Channel switching is little bit slower for fix this issue.

Thanks afl. Now on 8.0.1j there are "drops" after channel switch. One can hardly see it but the audio is stucked for a tens of a second or so. This happens 1 to 3 times after channel switch.

I prefer fast channel switch over solving this issue.

• Thanks afl. Now on 8.0.1j there are "drops" after channel switch. One can hardly see it but the audio is stucked for a tens of a second or so. This happens 1 to 3 times after channel switch.

I prefer fast channel switch over solving this issue.

Yes, I know about this. This version is trade-off. In Krypton is stupid rendering procedure using skipping frames for fixing a/v sync. Also I suspect Nougat video drivers for accidental frame drops. I can't find reason for this droppings.

• Yes, I know about this. This version is trade-off. In Krypton is stupid rendering procedure using skipping frames for fixing a/v sync. Also I suspect Nougat video drivers for accidental frame drops. I can't find reason for this droppings.

Keep up your great work. I'm thankful for any update. This issue is minor compared to the gain of channel switching speed.

• I noticed a new device that came into the market (Pre-order), with all the good features of the KII PRO and more.

Device Name:
    Mecool KI PRO
    Processor:
    Amlogic S905D

Advantages vs. KII PRO:
    2GB DDR4
    Ethernet: 10 / 100M / 1000M
    HDR10 & HLG support

It will be interesting if the device will be supported in the future...