Fine tune volume control inside LE

• I want to use the volume control in lE, but it jumps in 6db increments up and down, which is too much. Is there anyway to make the volume go up and down in 1db increments

Thanks

• Wait dont you mean decreasing?

Oh, come on... When will there be more steps within the same interval? If you reduce the number of steps, there will definitely be a larger distance between two values.

This number simply determines how many equal units it divides the entire volume range into.

• Thanks! Have changed the steps value from 10 to 90 but LE is still only working in 6db increments, the steps has absolutly no effect on the ability to fine tune the volume

• Thanks! Have changed the steps value from 10 to 90 but LE is still only working in 6db increments, the steps has absolutly no effect on the ability to fine tune the volume

Okay, that's very strange. Could you elaborate a bit on what device you are using the LE on (PC and/or box or board type) and how you are trying to adjust the volume level (remote control, game controller, keyboard +/- button, or a pysical volume button/encoder, etc.).

• Thanks! I am using a hp elitebook 8570p laptop. The volume i am adjusting using a wireless mouse, the mouse wheel when moved causes the volume to change by 6db, up or down. I can change the volume by dragging, but it is difficult, i would much rather use the mouse wheel

Thank you

• Thanks! I will give that a try. It's that with the wireless mouse i don't have to keep getting up, as the laptop is at the other end of the room.

The 8570p is about 10 years old, will that make a difference. I've tried installing LE on a modern laptop, but i keep getting the error message when booting off the flash drive: " Invalid image "

• If the keyboard's plus and minus buttons produce a finer adjustment of volume, then your mouse's wheel is the cause for your issue. Some mice have a wheel that is smooth with no clicks. Try different mice if you have some.

• As always a debug log may give more information what is going on.

AFAIK there is no default volume mapping for mice so something must have been added/configured.

• Thanks! Yes the keyboard did work.

Now i need a new wireless mouse. There's a ton of mice to choose from on the net. Do you have anything that worked

I would think any mouse would work that has a "smooth" wheel and not one that has notches or clicks when you spin it. You might be able to modify your mouse to eliminate that click, but I'm not sure. Good Luck