Posts by jack121

Hi. Thanks for reading. Am after suggestions for a box capable of hosting LE or kodi. Just wasted £200 on a zidoo z9x pro only to find it does not accept kodi, just a fork version.

I need a box that has good quality analog out through the rear rca out jacks for stereo audio. For playing back files from a local hard drive only. No internet, no weather forecasting, no bit torrent downloader, only local files. Also a box that is reliable, with a low failure rate.

Not a pc like raspberry pi, something like dune, nvidia sheild, zidoo, zapatti etc

Thanks

I have LE installed on a modern hp elitebook laptop which is connected to an external display via hdmi output. I get LE on the external display and laptop screen during bootup, but then dispapears after boot up and is only available on the laptop screen. There used to be an option in display settings to select between laptop and external display but has vanished for some reason. Can you please advise on how to get LE to go to the external screen

Thank you

Hi. When i use the mouse scrolling wheel to adjust the volume of LE, the volume jumps in 6db increments, which is too large a volume change and diffcult to control. Is it possible for future versions of LE to take this into account and allow for smaller jumps in the volume when using the mouse wheel.
    Also, the mouse wheel causes the video to jump in large increments, how can i control the increments via the mouse wheel.

There are also two small arrows in the time bar that runs across the bottom of the screen, how can these be used to control video jumps.

Thank you

Thanks! It's just that i have a good bryston amp and good speakers, so am thinking that amp and speakers are not the problem.

For the audio dac i am using the hidisz s8 which has done well in the reviews and internet posts

I am going through the a/v chain and it looks good, the thing i can think of that may be a little dubious is the laptop as a source, so am wondering if there are any sources out there that work well with LE, preferably if the source has got a good audio dac and good hdmi output for the picture

Thanks

Using HDMI, you're working with a digital source for both audio and video. A good Receiver (AVR) or Preamp would contain a DAC.

Good Picture quality should be determined by a Monitor or TV.

For the best 2-channel Ultra HD music, I highly recommend the Amazon Fire TV Cube (built-in Alexa). Sign up for an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription. If you're an Amazon Prime Member, a 1-year subscription starts at $89. Their music catalog has over 100-Million songs to choose from. You can make multiple playlists. This has nothing to do with Libreelec though.

LE/Kodi can play multi-channel SACD files, which is something the Fire TV Cube can't do.

Thanks! I haven't got a reciever. I have had a few in my time but have never liked them. I much prefer a preamp / dac used in conjuction with a good power amp, much better sound quality.

The thing that is bothering me with using a laptop as hardware to run LE, is that i'm noticing the sound and picture quality is okay, but lacking in detail, seems to be quite some room for improvement.

I'm running hdmi out from the laptop to a screen, then for the audio i have the hidizs s8 2-channel dac, this dac got a very good review on the audio science website, amongst others.

Everything in the chain is good, so i have narrowed it down to the source laptop as a possible problem, which is the avenue i would like to explore

Thank you

I installed LE on a 10 year old hp laptop , the 8570p and LE works fine.

I have also tried to install LE on a modern hp laptop the elitebook 830 g7, but i get the error message : " This is not a valid image file "

Is there anything that can be done about this, any recommendations on which way to go or what could be causing this problem

Thank you

Just one last question, is there any hardware that LE works well on, I’m looking for something audiophile in nature with a good quality 2-channel dac built in, and good picture quality as well. Maybe a streamer? I am using a laptop at the moment, the picture and sound quality is okay, I can see room for improvement, but I have no idea in which direction to go.

Thanks! I will give that a try. It's that with the wireless mouse i don't have to keep getting up, as the laptop is at the other end of the room.

The 8570p is about 10 years old, will that make a difference. I've tried installing LE on a modern laptop, but i keep getting the error message when booting off the flash drive: " Invalid image "

Thanks! I am using a hp elitebook 8570p laptop. The volume i am adjusting using a wireless mouse, the mouse wheel when moved causes the volume to change by 6db, up or down. I can change the volume by dragging, but it is difficult, i would much rather use the mouse wheel

Thank you

Thanks for reading I installed LE on an intel based laptop, HP Elitebook 8570P, and noticed a nice improvement in picture and sound quality when compared against windows OS and vlc media player.

Not sure why this is, heard that windows is large and has a whole load of background services running that can compete for resources against the media player.

Is there any other types of hardware that i can install LE on that will be an improvement on a general purpose laptop, is there any hardware that is more suited specifically for A/V performance.

I am using the laptop for 2-channel audio, and hdmi out to a screen for the picture

Thank you

Concerning the 10.0.3 update, it says not to update for amd, what about intel pc users?

Also, I reported a bug that LE crashes: when i boot up LE and go straight into settings > audio, LE crashes and i have to do a hard shutdown.

Has this been investigated.

Thank you

Thanks!

Having a few problems over here: when i boot up LE and go straight into settings > audio, LE crashes and i have to do a hard shutdown.

If i play a file first, then go into settings, LE does not crash. Have you noticed this?

Also am trying LE with an asus stxII sound card and it works fine, also have a soundblaster card and LE does not produce any audio, the card is recognised but no audio at all.

So am wanting to upload the log file, is this possible as the pc that LE is installed on does not have internet access, can i copy the log file to a flash drive and upload it from a different pc

Many thanks

Thanks. I picked up a behringer in used condition for a tenner, good cheap experiment with good sound quality as you rightly stated.

What would your recommendation be for a good sound quality multichannel 5.1 interface via usb.

Thanks