LE 11.0.1 RPI4 latest USB3 FW update kills USB drive

• I updated my RPI4 to LE 11.0.1 and the USB3 drive worked correctly at the time (I know because I was able to set a favorite folder). Today I noticed the drive isn't detected. I booted into a different system (Batocera) and now I can see the drive but it's empty. When connecting to PC the drive works properly. I then remembered that after setting up LE I updated the VIA USB3 FW. This most likely killed the USB drive. Is this a known problem? Is there a solution? Can I downgrade to an earlier USB3 FW? Many thanks!

• P.s. when I unplugged the disk, I can see a Kodi notification USB Drive [Name] removed. But the disk is just not showing up in ssh under df. The drive is NTFS. I'm sure LE 11.0.1 used to access its content w/o a problem the only change I can remember is the USB FW. Hope the additional information may help. Thank you

• the usb drive is plugged in. Its name is "2TB" which is not in the output. The du command doesn't show it's mounted. But when unplugged the Kodi interface will show "usb drive 2TB removed". I'm at a loss..

• Reddirt
    March 31, 2023 at 6:01 AM
    madalone
    April 27, 2022 at 5:31 PM
  • Reddirt
    March 31, 2023 at 6:01 AM
    madalone
    April 27, 2022 at 5:31 PM

Man... thank you, it took me just a quick scan and fix on a PC to solve the problem. It's not that I didn't think of it first, but I did a scan on my Mac and found nothing wrong. Come to think about it, Macs can't even write into NTFS... Anyway problem solved, thank you