Posts by icefox

Reddirt
    March 31, 2023 at 6:01 AM
    madalone
    April 27, 2022 at 5:31 PM

Man... thank you, it took me just a quick scan and fix on a PC to solve the problem. It's not that I didn't think of it first, but I did a scan on my Mac and found nothing wrong. Come to think about it, Macs can't even write into NTFS... Anyway problem solved, thank you

I updated my RPI4 to LE 11.0.1 and the USB3 drive worked correctly at the time (I know because I was able to set a favorite folder). Today I noticed the drive isn't detected. I booted into a different system (Batocera) and now I can see the drive but it's empty. When connecting to PC the drive works properly. I then remembered that after setting up LE I updated the VIA USB3 FW. This most likely killed the USB drive. Is this a known problem? Is there a solution? Can I downgrade to an earlier USB3 FW? Many thanks!

Incorrect. It's not at all like the OE move where the entire team (literally everyone minus one) moved on to leave the single problem developer to work by themselves. Only the two developers that proved themselves unable to work to the standards set by the rest of the team moved on. The rest of the team are intact and the Amlogic mainline kernel change is our focus. The key developers and active contributors towards the future of Amlogic working on that are all here and things in the mainline camp are moving along quite nicely. There are event test images available in these forums.

Thanks for clarifying. Ok, I'll stick with LE and hope the next updates fix this serious issue. (Stereo AC3 is in more than half of all videos floating on the internet.) Thank you for the work on LE!

Same here. Updated from 8 to 9.0.1 on odroid c2 hardware and now most of

AAC stuff is broken. One movie with AAC 2.0 started working with stereo upmix switch, some other 2.0 did not. 5.1 is wonky too. Half speed audio or constant dropouts. This makes libreelec mostly unusable on this hardware as there were other problems with 8 version ;(

Same here. Updated from 8 to 9.0.1 on Odroid C2. AC3 stereo no sound unless upmixed. This is the case either passthrough or locally decoded. Very disappointing this serious issue is not fixed after so many months and user reports. The upside to 9.0 is that hardware h265 decoding (why I got the C2 in the first place) actually works. Before the system would crash after a few minutes.

I'm running now CoreELEC with my Odroid C2. Didn't know that fork until yesterday. It works perfectly now with all Sound Codecs and so on. Armlogic devices should move to CoreELEC because the focus of that fork is for those devices.

Thanks. I've enjoyed LE but maybe key devs have moved on to this branch, like how they moved from openelev to LE. Will give it a try if further problems persist.