Upgraded and now some but not all of my drives show up

• Everything worked in 10.

Upgraded.

1 of my drives didnt show up. I un plugged and replugged. Nothing

So i plugged it into another computer, works fine.

Plugged it back into the powered hub. unplugged the hub, plugged it back in.

Now two drives won't mount.

The weird thing is when I UNplug the drives that won't mount it tells me that I have removed them by name. So it knows they are there but I can't access them.

Here's my log, would someone smart please look at it and tell me what's wrong. These shenanigans only occur when I move to the next version of LE and frankly I'm over it.

http://ix.io/4qmz

• Did you upgrade from 10.95.xx?

Just connect your drives to windows again and it should ask you to scan your drive for errors..just scan and when scan finished unplug securely don t just pull usb out...then connect to your pi again should work..

• Did you upgrade from 10.95.xx?

Just connect your drives to windows again and it should ask you to scan your drive for errors..just scan and when scan finished unplug securely don t just pull usb out...then connect to your pi again should work..

i upgraded from 10.4 i believe. I don't have windows. Gparted reveals no errors.

• i upgraded from 10.4 i believe. I don't have windows. Gparted reveals no errors.

Strange...did you use check and repair file system on gparted?

I replied to your post as I was having your exact same issue on 10.95.xx see here and since I upgraded to LE11 all problems with hdd are gone...other ppl having my issue also reported that their issue is gone since upgrading but yours might be a totally different issue..

• Post some logs so devs can investigate. You give very little information so don’t expect a solution without logs.

He did post a log in first post..

and there's some errors maybe someone can explain..

lots of errors like this one..

Code
    Mar 09 11:49:41.070204 LibreELEC kernel: squashfs: Unknown parameter 'fmask'
    Mar 09 11:49:41.081577 LibreELEC kernel: hfsplus: unable to parse mount options
    Mar 09 11:49:41.094735 LibreELEC kernel: UDF-fs: bad mount option "fmask=0133" or missing value

Edited once, last by Mario77 (March 9, 2023 at 9:05 PM).

• Post some logs so devs can investigate. You give very little information so don’t expect a solution without logs.

-_-

"Here's my log, would someone smart please look at it and tell me what's wrong. These shenanigans only occur when I move to the next version of LE and frankly I'm over it.

http://ix.io/4qmz" -- Me, 5 hours ago

• Your NTFS drive / partition wasn't cleanly unmounted and/or as errors - you need to connect that drive to a windows PC and fix the errors as mentioned before

Code
    Mar 09 11:50:52.158299 LibreELEC kernel: ntfs3: sdb1: volume is dirty and "force" flag is not set!
    Mar 09 11:50:52.158967 LibreELEC udevil[1856]: mount: mounting /dev/sdb1 on /media/Slim failed: Invalid argument
    Mar 09 11:50:52.160004 LibreELEC udevil[1852]: mount: mounting /dev/sdb1 on /media/Slim failed: No such device

so long,

Hias

• I had precisely the same event happen on my X86 system last night. Two external hard drives and one didn't mount. The other was visible but I could not access files using the file manager then when I powered them down with the system running the dismount message for both drives was displayed.

I scanned and repaired both drives on my Win system and all is working again but something new is going on after the updates. I will keep an eye on this and if it repeats I'll submit a log for review.

• Well borrow one. You were given a solution what else do you want.

No more help from you, thanks.

use check and repair file system on gparted?

Tried that, as soon as I plug them into the RPI they don't work. Bought a new hub, just in case, same result.

Reddirt may be on to something so I'm not setting my raspi on fire just yet.

Edited once, last by YatYAs: Merged a post created by YatYAs into this post. (March 12, 2023 at 8:13 PM).

• Probably something simple in the update code that needs attention. I always try out new updates on my x86 system first before I update my two pi boxes. Patience is key here and lots of good members here eager to help. Sometimes they forget some of us are tech-challenged and have zero coding experience. It's all good. They always come through in the end. :thumbup:

• Hi guys, i got the same problem on libreelec 11 on my RPI4 - the 5 TB USB drive not mounted. This issue starts after update from 10.0.2 to 10.95.0. The HDD mounts witout any problems at a Windows system - no errors after test. Now I did an update to libreelec 11 and .....i was hopeful it will works fine like before - unfortunately, nothing change. Maybe something went wrong during programing the new code. I'm going to install an old version. So, waiting for an libreelec 11.xx what works.

• I found an error on one of my two 4tb drives today. After the initial problem on LE 11 yesterday the drive labeled 4TB disappeared and the second drive labeled "New Volume" seems ok until I tried to play a file. Error playing this file may be corrupted or some such displayed. So here's the log. If it makes any difference this occurred by powering down the LE system before the external drives. It may or may not have something to do with mounting.

http://ix.io/4qKu

Just some additional info here. I recall getting this message yesterday when I scanned the two hard drives on Win10:

The disk is offline because it has a signature collision with another disk that is online.

Both these drives have been operating for months without a hitch but I understand sometimes *%4t happens. I found using WIN10 chkdsk on the NewVolume drive it calculated 31 hours to check for file corruption so I'll need to wipe and start over. Yikes! :(

Edited once, last by Reddirt: Merged a post created by Reddirt into this post. (March 13, 2023 at 9:47 PM).

• Just wanted to mention what I found after checking both external hard drives. One drive was fine no errors but was marked offline after an ID signature collision. The second drive had corrupted files. The drives were cloned and identical. I found the collision error occurred when a system attempts to access both drives at the same time (should never happen) but it did. The quick fix is to clone the drive and change the signature ID on the cloned drive. Still unsure if this is related to upgrade or just a coincidence.