external HDD not detected/mounting v10.95.1 on PI3

• hi there. just updating from matrix 19.4 to nexus (libreleec 10.95.1) in my PI3, installation was done tow ways, forts kjust updatont from matrix, next was a clean install using USB-SD creator and new formatted 16gb sd card.

nothing else was installed after, just basic config to start using kodi, but i noticed my external hdd does not appear anywhere, nothing in the dev/media folder, nothing shown in the system information/storage. (by the other hand usb any pendrive is detected correctly)

Hdd drive is a toshiba essentials 2tb 2.5" that is working fine with matrix and the weird thing is this: if i unplug hdd drive usb, then kodi shows (upper right corner message) "succesfully removed storage toshiba xxx" for a second, then i plug in it again but no message of external unit connected and no drive avaliable.

thank you.

• Boost your power supply. When I use my compact USB drive which doesn't have it's own power source, I need at least 2.5 amps of power in order for the Pi to power-up the drive.

• Boost your power supply. When I use my compact USB drive which doesn't have it's own power source, I need at least 2.5 amps of power in order for the Pi to power-up the drive.

hi. pi3 has been working till now with matrix and the HDD with no issues. i do not think the problem cames from PS. PS its up to 3Amps and never saw the "low power ray" on screen with this 3A PS (i saw it with 2Amps earlier PS, for that i moved to 3Amps), however, drive is running because i can hear it spinning. thank you.

• Same thing is hapenning to me since Nexus 10.95.xx rpi2

Something is corrupting the hdd..have to connect it to windows each time to chkdsk then it works again..

Also when unplugging it's showing the notification that it been unplugged from LE but it won t show in filemanager...at the moment it's working and will post pastekodi next time it will do it..

It s not a power issue..this hdd been there for 3 years connected to this rpi2 with no issues..

When the issue happens It s most likely when there was a crash and have to hard reset but even then it never corrupted the hdd before.

• Hi, I'm having the same issue, seems like since 10.95.X my external HDD is corrupting. I actually just got a new WD Elements 4TB drive in the last week as I thought my previous 2 TB drive was past it with use but I'm having the same experience. The drive is disappearing from Libreelec and when I connect to a PC the drive needs a scan/repair. Running Beta 2 on RPi4. Just have movies and TV media files on the drive, the first drive was corrupted on Beta 1 but I'm getting the same result now on Beta 2 with the brand new drive. I've never had any corruption issues on the drive with any of the previous versions, had that drive for 3-4 years.

• Run "pastekodi" a minute after boot with the driver connected and share the URL please.

sorry man, i dont undertand what you mean i have to do...

fow now i moved hdd to router and access it via SMB, no other way found (but downgrade to matrix of course)

Edited once, last by jordixPI3 (March 5, 2023 at 10:58 AM).

• Thanks for LE11, I'll retry this with the HDD connected. I have added my HDD to my router and connected to it with SMB but my system isn't fast enough, I'm getting buffering when playing files. Better to have HDD connected directly to the RPi4. I'll try this again and if I have issues will repeat with log.

• I have the same problems. Fresh installation of 10.95 and/or 11.

The hard drive is no longer recognized.

Attached to the Windows-PC there are no problems.

Maybe I'm wrong but for me it seems like it's not happening anymore since LE11 @ yesterday morning..but you ll have to connect your HDD to windows first and fix for errors before trying it again with LE11 as if it got currupted from 10.95 it will remain as such with LE11...

• hello there. confirmed: after update from 10.95.1 to 11.0.0 problem has gone, now it detects again my external HDD with no issues.

thank you.

cheers

Yes been working fine.. I wonder what changed in LE11 as both betas LE10.95.xx and all nightlies where having this issue till yesterday..