Initial boot of Orange PI3 LTS

• jernej With the OPi3 not booting properly, it won't allow ssh (I've tried adding ssh to the parms on extlinux.conf and it ignores it). I've tried to ssh to the box via IP and name shown in DHCP leases, and it doesn't accept it.

I really think the improper booting is the problem but cannot figure what's wrong. Does the 11.0 version work properly on your end?

My boot goes as follows: Power on, LE logo shows for 15-30 seconds. Left edge of screen shows a scroll of messages starting at about 15.xxx sec to 18.xxx sec or so...then blanks for maybe 45sec to a minute. then the screen clears and the message shows :

*** Error in mount_storage: mount_common: Could not mount UUID=2d187d5b-a18a-45e5-a167-2dc64c4a2c42 ***

### Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount_storage... tyoe exit to quit ###,

Alternatively, I've changed the extlinux.conf to be:

LABEL LibreELEC

LINUX /KERNEL

FDT /sun50i-h6-orangepi-3-lts.dtb

APPEND boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE console=ttyS0 115200 console=tty1 ssh

and it does basically the same thing,

If I type "exit" in response to the prompt, it begins scrolling a bunch of linux boot-up messages with some warnings, some errors and mostly status messages. After several screens worth of scrolling messages it finally quits with the messages and sits there (no prompt, no responses to commands, nothing)... it will respond to CTL-ALT-DEL with rebooting (back to the error in mount_storage message) but doesn't respond properly to many linux commands except the basics like ls -al.

This is all with the MicroSD card created directly from the LE-SD tool without ANY modifications, other than the above contents of the extlinux.conf file.

Can you a:) see anything Wrong I'm doing? and /or

b:) write a step by step how to get the OPi3 to boot properly and install LibreELEC onto the emmc so it will reboot properly.

Thanks VERY much for your help on this...

Edited once, last by spschneer (March 13, 2023 at 6:28 PM).

• That error usually indicates that your partition UUID doesn't match. Why does that happen I can't say, I don't use LE SD creator. I use dd on Linux, which writes image 1:1 on SD card and I never had any issue with it, although it's pretty dumb tool (thus not ideal) and it doesn't verify if everything has been written correctly. In any case, you can override UUID in extlinux.conf. Before you do that, get current UUID by executing "lsblk" in that emergency console. Check for ext4 partition.

While I didn't test LE11 final on OPi3 LTS, I tested clean install of beta and it worked as expected. I don't have any reason to doubt final release. Nothing changed in that regard.

EDIT: eMMC install script takes care for UUID update. So once you're able to boot SD image, installation to eMMC should be straightforward and without issues. Note that this means you'll lose everything there. No backups are made.

• Response to lsblk is

sh: lsblk: not found

#

This is without typing "exit" in response to:

### Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount_storage----type: exit to quit ###

And how do I check for ext4 partition? and where? (on the sd card is only the two created by the LE - SD creator (512MB bootable partition and 32MB Swap partition. The balance of the SD card is blank/unformatted per the LE - SD Creator.

• No, I very much prefer public conversation. PMs are mainly for rare cases, like sharing video samples (some people are afraid of this due to copyrights), for example.

• jernej & chewitt

You won't believe what the problem was....I had to use Balena Etcher to write the LibreElec to the MicroSD card. I'm not sure what was happening with the partitioning and/or writing with the other methods, but the first time with Balena Etcher, and all defaults, it worked like it was supposed to...I was even able to enable SSH and connected and ran install2emmc successfully...

Now all I have to do is reenter all the configuration for Kodi to talk to my media server to get access to the videos, music and photo libraries.....

YAY....