LibreELEC (Nexus) 11 Beta1

• Great to hear, thanks guys.

I assume "Additional DVB drivers are not present" still goes for LE11 for the RPi builds as well? Not meant as a reproach, just something that would be good to know.

• Is it just me or the links in the download page for x64 download the same file, regardless of generic and generic-legacy? Proof

Code
    $ sha256sum Desktop/LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.95.0.img.gz Downloads/LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.95.0.img.gz
    507ff3f94cf443b58313a116ceb1f0a8a61c670f26bbf3361aba3a25caacc598  Desktop/LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.95.0.img.gz
    507ff3f94cf443b58313a116ceb1f0a8a61c670f26bbf3361aba3a25caacc598  Downloads/LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.95.0.img.gz

The file in the downloads folder is the generic image and the file in the desktop folder is, hypothetically, the generic-legacy one.

Neither of them can boot from ventoy though, on my old bios-only system, but ventoy is to blame for that.

• I assume "Additional DVB drivers are not present" still goes for LE11 for the RPi builds as well? Not meant as a reproach, just something that would be good to know.

Yea forgot to add this note, will add something.

TBS decided to not update their repo anymore, there is just a ~1 year old kernel version available - not gonna happen we add this because its create a Frankenstein kernel that causes more harm then any good.

Thats the expected fun with out of tree drivers :(

• I'm excited to try Kodi Nexus but I'm heavily confused which x86_64 version I'm supposed to use with my AMD Athlon 5350 Kabini APU.

Am I fine with the generic one, or should I use the legacy one`?

• Am I fine with the generic one, or should I use the legacy one`?

You should be okay with the default "generic" one. I intentionally say "should" because we don't know yet exactly what kind of hardware has problems. You can still "update" to legacy later if you need to.

• added at the news article

DVB ADD-ONS

DVB Add-Ons are currently deactivated. Digital Devices and TBS have currently no support for recent kernels so we are out of options. If you require support for those devices please stay at LE10.

• You should be okay with the default "generic" one. I intentionally say "should" because we don't know yet exactly what kind of hardware has problems. You can still "update" to legacy later if you need to.

Backed the old system up, updated to the generic version and...it didn't work as planned. Switching through the menus, every time anything had to be redrawn, I had bad flickering in the center third like a black arrow pointing from left to right. And it felt very slow and sluggish, as if I'd been using a generic driver and not the GPU driver.

I'm on the legacy version now and that seems to work as intended (more testing needed). Guess the Kabini APU or the Radeon R3 (sometimes labeled as HD8400, as I just found out) doesn't like the new system.

• I updated my system (Minis Forum with Celeron N4020) with generic version. All seems fine, but the IR remote doesn't work anymore. After downgrading to 10.0.4 it works again.

Since it works out of the box with LE10 (no lircd, no ir-keytable), it loooks like a kernel issue.

Any idea?

SOLVED: After investigating a lot without a result I did a fresh install. Now it works as expected.

Edited once, last by wwessel (February 1, 2023 at 6:32 PM).

• Another one: It looks like xrandr is missing. Is it a bug or a feature?

If it's a feature: What can be used instead to set e.g. "Broadcast RGB" to "Full"?

OK. I got it:

X11 is not used anymore, so there is no xrandr.

You can use proptest to switch to RGB full.

• First bad impression on le11b1 on my rpi3b+. It still has that wireless connectivity issue that made me stop using the nightly 4 months ago. I made a fresh installation on a spare sd card yesterday, connected it to my wifi and configured some basic stuff like the skin and region. And today it just failed to connect to my wifi and I had to reenter the credentials.

I was using the nightly from late May 2022 to early September 2022, I did not miss a single one all those months, and I was troubleshooting its wifi almost daily until I got fed up with it and flashed the card with another os for the rpi. I do not know if the transition to iwd is eventually to blame, but I will probably skip le 11 on the rpi.

For the record, I tried 2 other oses since then (armbian and debian stable aarch64, on the same rpi and on the same card) and none had the same issue.

• Question regarding color space and video level handling with new GBM/V4L2 graphics stack for Generic (x86_64) builds:

I have used "Limited" in Kodi video system setting in the past, with the LibreELEC 11 Beta1 I am getting washed out colors with that setting.

Switching to "Full" seems to crush blacks on first sights.

I am using an Asrock J3455-ITX (Apollo Lake) and my TV is not capable of displaying Full RGB.

Thanks and regards

• First bad impression on le11b1 on my rpi3b+. It still has that wireless connectivity issue that made me stop using the nightly 4 months ago. I made a fresh installation on a spare sd card yesterday, connected it to my wifi and configured some basic stuff like the skin and region. And today it just failed to connect to my wifi and I had to reenter the credentials.

I was using the nightly from late May 2022 to early September 2022, I did not miss a single one all those months, and I was troubleshooting its wifi almost daily until I got fed up with it and flashed the card with another os for the rpi. I do not know if the transition to iwd is eventually to blame, but I will probably skip le 11 on the rpi.

For the record, I tried 2 other oses since then (armbian and debian stable aarch64, on the same rpi and on the same card) and none had the same issue.

Asking as another pi3 user myself, did you also experience performance problems on x264 streams? IPTV especially. I know that we are fast approaching to the end of our rope with RPI3s, but i still think it is an invaluable little bugger of a device and it used to devode hevc for god's sake. I know that "4" is the new favorite child of the community but i still think this device still deserves some love.

PS: I have started to experiment with the latest version of OSMC. They seem to fix a lot of issues that their os used to have in the past (Libreelec was the better option back then). Let's see if anything will be any different now.