TV recognizes OrangePi as "FLIRC" and won't do CEC control

• I have an OrangePi 3 LTS running the newest v11 nightly (ethernet port won't work with v10 images).

My TV remote can control my RPI4 through the HDMI CEC with no problem. But with the OP3, the TV recognizes it as "FLIRC" in its CEC setup, but doesn't actually control it.

Is there some trick i need to do in the OP3 to make it emulate a FLIRC? Or is there a limitation in the hardware CEC implementation of the H6? Or is this just a limitation/bug in the nightly images?

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • I think I collected the logs correctly:

ix.io/4lI1

Things were happening a little differently now though. After kodi boots, once i see the "Pulse-Eight CEC.." message in the top right the OPi freezes and automatically reboots. It would continue in a boot loop, unless i unplugged the hdmi and plugged it in with a cheapo hdmi cable (that doesnt have the CEC channel). hope this helps.

• It's clearly a bug on CEC:

Code
    [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
    Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
    Core was generated by `/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs'.
    Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    #0  0xf7d26bec in CEC::CSLCommandHandler::ActivateSource(bool) () from /usr/lib/libcec.so.4

Moved to bug reports.

• The pulse-eight github page does not list Allwinner or OrangePi as one of their compatible devices. That would seem to explain why I can't get CEC working on my Opi3LTS (LE tries to use the Pulse Eight driver).

But I see from this post that at least once before someone got LE and CEC and Allwinner working together.

So did older versions of LE use some driver other than pulse-eight to interface with CEC on Allwinner? Or is the Pulse-eight website being overly modest by not mentioning Allwinner compatibility?

• Here's some more info that might help. I attached the results of the "cec-client" command from both the OrangePi and from a working Raspberry.

Everything starts out pretty much the same, they are both successfully doing CEC writes and reads and getting the same replies from the TV. But then about halfway down the Opi starts getting "Write - ioctl CEC_TRANSMIT" failures with errno 22.

• Using the latest Nightly from Feb 13 for the Opi3Lts, I now have CEC working!

Thank you to the developers for their hard work!

I also admit that part of the problem might have been on my end. Even with the new image CEC wasn't working, at first. My LG tv has a stupid feature called "magic remote" that is supposed to remember and auto-recognize certain devices (this is why my TV was showing the Opi as "FLIRC", it was not something being reported by LE).

ANyway, I managed to delete the magic-remote settings, power cycled my TV, and now all is well.