Samsung TV No picture

• Hi!

Yesterday I bought a new Samsung television (QE55Q80B). On the previous television (also Samsung) I was using LibreELEC and KODI, never had any issues.

So yesterday I connected the HDMI from to the new TV, boot up the NUC... Sadly the television isn't recognising the LibreELEC booting. It tells me, there is nothing attached to the HDMI port. However if I use a computer monitor, it just boots up fine.

After that, I reinstalled the latest LibreELEC and Kodi on the NUC. Works fine on the computer monitor, from the moment I attach it to the Samsung TV, nothing happens.

Any idea what I'm missing? The HDMI cable works just fine (tested with different monitor and on the old television).

Woud appreciate advice :)

• Pick a different HDMI cable. Pick a different HDMI port?

You already proved the issue is not the NUC or LE by connecting the monitor so next call is Samsung support.

• Pick a different HDMI cable. Pick a different HDMI port?

You already proved the issue is not the NUC or LE by connecting the monitor so next call is Samsung support.

I've tried another cable/another port, same result (while on that cable and port, my normal TV provider is hooked up and works). So it has nothing to do with the cable or the HDMI port (or the new TV I'd reckon), since those work if I put my television provider on it.

That's also why I reinstalled the NUC and tried again, but with the same result. Is there some kind of setting that tells libreELEC to run in a certain resolution that might not be working for my Samsung TV? And thus is not showing any picture?

• Add "video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60" to the APPEND line (boot params) in syslinux.cfg and it should force 1080p on HDMI-A-1. If the box has more than one output (DP/HDMI/etc.) you might need to adjust the connector name.

• If you put your NUC into BIOS with computer-monitor attached, disconnect the computer monitor while NUC is still on in BIOS and then attach the new TV, did you then see the BIOS screen on the new TV?

• So I checked with another cable again, altough I already did so with another working appliance like I've said... And with the other cable now it works.

How is it possible that this one cable works on my television decoder, but not no the NUC? I was convinced that the cable was fine... And it works on other devices (also my kids Xbox and so on).