Work with Libreelec like a PLEX SERVER..

• Hello everyone,

I was a super fan user of Libreelec until 2 year ago that my RBPi3 just burns xD and a week ago I start using PLEX because is cool to have the server running in my laptop and see all the content on my Samsung Smart TV, but... PLEX sucks.

So is a way to have a RBPi4 with Libreelec and from that RBPi serve other RBPi on the same wifi network?

Pleaseeee xD

• I store media on a NAS box in the network. The NAS shares files over SMB and has an SQL database so that I can start any LE client device in the network and see the same DB content. It also runs a Plex server because I spend lots of time in Hotels and Plex nicely handles transcode of media to different resolutions or quality levels to suit the sometimes limited bandwidths available. Plex also allows kids to play media from the native Plex app on a moderately-smart TV in their bedroom. The Kodi and Plex DBs are separate (not sync'd) because that's not important to me, but it's possible to use LE/Kodi as a pure player device for Plex using the Plex client add-on. There is also an add-on that syncs the Plex DB to Kodi so you have a native Kodi database but referencing the Plex-stored media.

It's technically possible to convert an RPi board to be the NAS, but my advice would be "If you want a NAS, get a NAS" as at some point the effort involved and better performance and reliability of a proper NAS outweighs the savings of using an RPi board.