TBS Drivers on LE10

• Hi.. I'm struggling upgrading to LE10 Generic with my TBS5922 USB tuner. I've had this little box for years and it's always worked well with the Crazycat drivers.

However, even on a fresh build I cannot get my tuner to show up in TVHeadend. Downgrading back to LE9 works but as most repos have moved on Matrix now everything else becomes a bit of a mess.

If TBS support is likely to remain problematic, can anyone suggest a good replacement USB tuner (I using a NUC and have limited space in my TV cabinet, so only USB tuners please)?

• Looking at options available for LE with USB tuners is not pretty. The perceived wisdom is a separate server with your USB tuner attached feeding your LE NUC. Makes sense really. Wouldn’t take up much additional space in your cabinet either.

• If TBS support is likely to remain problematic

It is and will remain problematic because there are ZERO efforts to upstream the drivers so the whole old thing gets just forward ported regardless if left and right other drivers break. Currently there are not even drivers for the current kernel because just older kernels are supported. Current state we do not include the drivers at LE11.

Just go the Sat>Ip route (different ways to do it), so you are not dependent at the Linux DVB driver madness.

• Was trying to source a Digibit Sat/IP tuner recently. Not one to be had anywhere. The alternatives to this manufacturer in terms of price is off the wall. I’d appreciate advice on finding a source to purchase a Digibit unit.

In the meantime I run TVH with a DVBS PCIe Card on a separate unit feeding LE on a RockPro64 trouble free.

• finding a source to purchase a Digibit unit

afaik you can also use some receiver that based at enigma/openatv... and install minisatip on them

they are pricewise the cheapest way in getting a sat>ip server

disclaimer, never tried it my self

• afaik you can also use some receiver that based at enigma/openatv... and install minisatip on them

they are pricewise the cheapest way in getting a sat>ip server

disclaimer, never tried it my self

I finally managed to source a Digibit Twin from Germany €80 delivered. Let’s see if it arrives. I’ve heard so many positive stories about the Digibit unit I felt I had to try one. It would certainly put all those kernel/driver issues to bed for once and for all. I’ll report back once it has arrived and is up and running.

• Thanks for the replies I am now looking at a Sat-IP box (megasat). Should I set this up with TVHeadEnd or is there a simpler way to connect this to LE?

your DVB Box -> Tvheadend -> LE Kodi addon pvr.hts
    I am not sure what megasat device you are looking for but options are so maybe some options are not doable:

megasat + minisatip -> LE Tvheadend -> LE Kodi addon pvr.hts

megasat + minisatip -> NAS Tvheadend -> LE Kodi addon pvr.hts

megasat -> LE Kodi addon pvr.vuplus (no idea how good this works)

megasat -> LE Kodi addon pvr.iptvsimple (no epg, usual slower channel switch times)

• Ooh.. just seen the Digibit Twin. That would work well for me.

Still awaiting delivery of the Digibit Twin so if and when it arrives I’ll set it up and report back here with the findings and where I purchased it from. Don’t pull the purchase trigger just yet 😂

• Just an update on the Telestar Digibit Twin. Arrived after 5 business days. Surprised to see the outer casing is aluminium. Plastic mostly these days.

Took about 40 minutes to setup on the RockPro64 with LE 10.0.03 with TVH backend server and TVH front end client. TVH immediately recognised two tuners. I configured LNB1 in TVH remotely and started a scan of Astra 28.2. Scan completed and all channels were eventually found. Played SD HD and 4k streams with hardware acceleration no problem.

I will say it’s not the most sensitive tuner I’ve ever come across but for the money I now have a functioning DVBS tuner on an SBC without the worry of having to recompile drivers every time there’s an update.

I’d certainly recommend it over a USB DVBS tuner and possibly some of the PCIe solutions out there. I purchased it via eBay from this shop for anyone who is interested

Telestar DIGIBIT Twin Transmitter
    Sat-to-IP Router zur Umwandlung von Sat- in Netzwerksignal zur Verteilung von bis zu 2 Satsignalen im lokalen Netzwerk überträgt alle frei empfangbaren SD und…
    talk-point.de
  • It is and will remain problematic because there are ZERO efforts to upstream the drivers so the whole old thing gets just forward ported regardless if left and right other drivers break. Currently there are not even drivers for the current kernel because just older kernels are supported. Current state we do not include the drivers at LE11.

Just go the Sat>Ip route (different ways to do it), so you are not dependent at the Linux DVB driver madness.

Linux up until 6.2 support is in! https://github.com/tbsdtv/linux_media/wiki

/me goes of compiling LE11 to finally make the switch from LE10.

• your DVB Box -> Tvheadend -> LE Kodi addon pvr.hts
    I am not sure what megasat device you are looking for but options are so maybe some options are not doable:

megasat + minisatip -> LE Tvheadend -> LE Kodi addon pvr.hts

megasat + minisatip -> NAS Tvheadend -> LE Kodi addon pvr.hts

megasat -> LE Kodi addon pvr.vuplus (no idea how good this works)

megasat -> LE Kodi addon pvr.iptvsimple (no epg, usual slower channel switch times)

hello i have few questions about this megasat digibit

this device should be good for watching television as i see but does it will replace completly tbs5520se card ? i mean it will collaborate with dvbsnoop and all rest of dvbtools somehow ?

another question i have about picture quality from digibit does it match to picture quality from tbs dvb-s2 cards ? well i have reason to ask about that because i have very bad experience with broadcom chipsets based stb such as dreambox/vu+ picture quality produced by this chipsets are very poor and ugly by comparing them to sh4 cpu or dvbcards :(

• All I’ll comment on is the picture quality here. All three formats SD, HD and UHD are perfect. Any box on the same network can access the Twin. If you want to watch live TV you won’t get a cleaner solution. No more broken drivers on kernel upgrades to worry about either.

I’d recommend checking with the developers of the utilities you mentioned for compatibility etc.