how to create custom resolution for tv?

• I've just installed Libreelec and configured it on an old pc. I used a monitor to set it up but later conected it to my TV, the problem is Kodi doesn't seem to support any of the resolutions that my TV supports. I've connected it over dvi. The resolution of 1280x800 seems the best when using an other pc on my TV.

Does anyone know how to add an other resolution?

• Go to Best Answer
  • It doesn't have hdmi, only DVI (and scart/svideo/composite). The website of phillips states that the DVI in-port supports

• 640 x 480, 60, 67, 72, 75Hz
    • 800 x 600, 56, 60, 72, 75Hz
    • 1024 x 768, 60, 70, 75Hz

But weirdly, the Tv says it doesn't the resolution when I try setting the resolution to 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 with the help of a second monitor.

As 1024 x 768 isn't in the list of standard resolutions of Kodi, could I add it by any chance? This is the support page of the tv in question.

• You can try forcing a specific resolution by appending e.g. "video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720M@60" to kernel boot params, but if the graphics card in the PC doesn't support that resolution it probably doesn't result in working output. As a general rule you're stuck with whatever the card can output (and TV can display) and in this case it looks limited to some basic VESA resolutions.

• It doesn't have hdmi, only DVI (and scart/svideo/composite). The website of phillips states that the DVI in-port supports

• 640 x 480, 60, 67, 72, 75Hz
    • 800 x 600, 56, 60, 72, 75Hz
    • 1024 x 768, 60, 70, 75Hz

But weirdly, the Tv says it doesn't the resolution when I try setting the resolution to 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 with the help of a second monitor.

As 1024 x 768 isn't in the list of standard resolutions of Kodi, could I add it by any chance? This is the support page of the tv in question.

Thats strange, I checked the Website you linked above, and there it says the TV has an HDMI-Port.

If it don't show up, click on the "Show all product features" Button on the Page

Than look at "Technical Specifications" -> "Connectivity"

and there it says AV4 = HDMI !

And even the User manual (you can find it here https://www.philips.com.ph/c-p/32PF7320_9…d-ready/support)

says on Page 3 that the TV has a HDMI-Port (but no SCART)

It says exactly

"HDMI/PC-D 

HDMI input for connecting a HD (high definition) equipment or computer (equipped with
    DVI output connected with a DVI to HDMI cable)."

This means that you can connect your PC with an HDMI-Cable, If the PC doesn't have a HDMI-Port but a DVI-Port you can use a DVI to HDMI-Cable.