RPI 4 + LibreELEC 10.0.2 dual setup with TV (picture) and AVR (audio)

• I have absolutely zero experience with the second HDMI port of the Raspberry Pi 4 which is why I am asking if it is possible to output a signal to the TV - only for the video - on one HDMI port (up to 4k 60Hz HDR, although 4k 24Hz should be enough as the GUI is running at 1080p and movies are almost never above 24fps) while simultanously outputting a signal on the second port to the AVR which enables HD audio formats and multichannel PCM.

Basically I just want to have the best video and audio possible, as currently with using one HDMI port I am limited to the bandwidth of ARC (DTS, DD, 2.0 PCM). Today I used "getedid create" for the first time which ensures that the RPI also outputs video when the TV is turned on afterwards/later. Couldn't a custom EDID file be created which combines the max video settings of the TV and the max audio settings of the AVR? At least I imagine that the TV receives the correct video but cannot play the audio signal and the AVR receives the HD audio although the picture might not be correctly displayed as my AVR is not HDR compatible (only 4k) which I wouldn't care about.

Or can the Raspberry Pi output different signals on the different ports so on one port would be the picture 4k 60Hz HDR with whatever audio while the other port would output whatever resolution with HD audio / multichannel PCM?

Any insights to this would be really appreciated!

• Basically I just want to have the best video and audio possible, as currently with using one HDMI port I am limited to the bandwidth of ARC (DTS, DD, 2.0 PCM). Today I used "getedid create" for the first time which ensures that the RPI also outputs video when the TV is turned on afterwards/later. Couldn't a custom EDID file be created which combines the max video settings of the TV and the max audio settings of the AVR? At least I imagine that the TV receives the correct video but cannot play the audio signal and the AVR receives the HD audio although the picture might not be correctly displayed as my AVR is not HDR compatible (only 4k) which I wouldn't care about.

ARC doesn't support HD audio formats.

(Note: there is a HDMI2.1 eARC standard that does, but it would need to be supported by TV and AVR, and I suspect they don't).

Assuming you are connected as:

Pi<---hdmi--->TV<---ARC--->AVR

then fudging the EDID won't help. The ARC connection can't support it.

If you can connect:

Pi<---hdmi--->AVR<---hdmi--->TV

Then HD audio should work.

Using the second hdmi connector should be possible.

• MatteN wow it was just this easy... for whatever reason I did not find this thread apparently I searched wrong, thank you so much works like a charm :D didn't expect it to be this easy.

popcornmix I know that was my problem, I meant if I could set EDID to support best picture quality on HDMI0 and best audio on HDMI1 if the connection is

Pi<---HDMI0--->TV

Pi<---HDMI1--->AVR

But everything is just perfectly recognized and i don't have to make a custom EDID or something like that. I did not know that the Pi is capable of this which is great.

• Hello,

my old 1080p tv died and I wanted to buy a new 4k hdr tv but my AVR is only 1080p.

Can you confirm this worked?
    So hdmi0 port to TV and can get full 4k hdr from kodi?

hdmi1 to AVR and can get upto dts-hd 7.1 from kodi?

Want to confirm before I invest in new pi4