Why no Kodi 19.5

• The original plan was to make a final roll-up of changes and ship K19.5 shortly before K20 release (think days, not month).

That's not quite correct.

The original plan was that 19.5 should have been released months ago and we've been waiting for it to align LE 10.0.3 with it.

Then the due date of 19.5 got pushed further and further into the future and was finally completely removed - see here:

Matrix 19.5 Milestone · xbmc/xbmc
    Kodi is an award-winning free and open source home theater/media center software and entertainment hub for digital media. With its beautiful interface and…
    github.com

That's why we released LE 10.0.3 with latest Kodi Matrix changes (kind of pre 19.5) so you're already very up to date if you're using that and final Kodi 19.5 won't be too different to that.

If and when Kodi 19.5 will finally be released and what fixes it will contain is a question only kodi folks can answer.

so long,

Hias

• If and when Kodi 19.5 will finally be released and what fixes it will contain is a question only kodi folks can answer

So i'm telling you (as a Team Kodi person) that the original intention was always to make the K19.5 release immediately before K20. The dates for K19.5 on GitHub will be pushed back as/when someone remembers to move them until roughly that happens.

• So i'm telling you (as a Team Kodi person) that the original intention was always to make the K19.5 release immediately before K20. The dates for K19.5 on GitHub will be pushed back as/when someone remembers to move them until roughly that happens.

Sorry for the misinformation and thanks a lot for correcting me - seems I remembered wrong.

K19.5 milestone due dates were rather chaotic though and it would have been better to set no date at all if they didn't have one. That really gave the impression 19.5 should be out in summer 2022...

so long,

Hias

• I really don’t understand why users are constantly demanding the “latest” every time. Why not just use what you have and enjoy it. The next release will come along when it’s ready.

• Was just a hint to the comment because of 19.5 released suddenly.

I was just wondering about the topic of 19.5. I realized in other projects if such a "upnormal" is coming in the releases sth. completely changing is implemented and this takes time. I just don't want to be surprised again therefore I asked.