searching for /etc/os-release from NON-{Gerneric*,RPi*}

• to extend my download script for other platforms (apart Generic*, RPi*) I'm searching for /etc/os-release.

heitbaum from stable kernel testing I know/it seems you own a lot of devices (A64, H*, RK*, etc) which aren't supported by my script.

care to provide the /etc/relases of that devices or a pointer to them ?

===

btw.:

you could leave out testing kernel 5.18.13-rc1, at least for x86_64

it throws a lot of warnings, see:

'[PATCH 5.18 000/231] 5.18.13-rc1 review' - MARC

Edited once, last by GDPR-7 (July 20, 2022 at 3:56 PM).

• chewitt

sorry your info's doesn't fill my knowledge gap or I need to dig deeper in it or I'm blind

I esp. want to know where the image name parts after <date><git hash> in the /etc/os-release turns up, if at all.

example:

LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0-nightly-20220617-07254d4-khadas-vim.img.gz

the bold part is meant which is absent for Generic*, RPi*

• you can still download a image and open it with nanazip or any other 7zip that has zstd support so you can easily look what every image includes without hussle

• CvH

oh yeah, I had forgotten it ...

anyway, doing it, turns out: no such "sub-architecture" (wording ?) string in os-release

how to reliable identify such boxes ?

dmesg ?

... ?

• Here is the tanix tx6

• GDPR-7 i did test 13-rc1 as an for my info. It builds but as you have rightly identified. A bit noisy on x86.

I won’t be doing another 5.18 release into le. So now focusing on testing 5.19 and will also be testing 5.10

• So now focusing on testing 5.19

I've tried to run 5.19-rc7 here on my desktop (Intel i5-11400) and I was dissatisfied using the same config I was using for 5.18.x

somethings seems broken regarding CPU freq./power saving or with my config is wrong

reported it here:

'Re: Linux 5.19-rc7' - MARC

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 31944 Jul 16 22:50 sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6.dtb

do all those boxes have such a *.dtb file under /flash ?

and are all these boxes reachable via ssh too ?

Edited once, last by GDPR-7 (July 21, 2022 at 4:09 PM).