Hardware doesn't seem to be working with USB ports

• Hi All

After some advice please I have an amlogic box and I have installed Libreelec on it without issues but for some reason none of the USB ports are working

Is there any command I can run which tells me whether the USB ports are recognised within Libreelec? I'm trying to diagnose whether it's a hardware issue or software?

Unfortunately I didn't test the device in android before I wiped it.....doh!

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Mark

• You will have to be way more descriptive than that.
    Up to this point, there are literally dozens of different AMLogic devices.
    If the device has a working wifi setup, try to upload a kodi.log file ( HOW TO:Provide Logfile - LibreELEC ), as well as a dmesg listing.

Hi Klojum

Thanks for responding I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to Linux I'm afraid, in Windows you would just go into device manager and check the USB ports and if not working install the device driver not sure how to do this in Linux

I have a OTT Q Box S905 2GB, could it just be a firmware issue perhaps as I also noticed that when I installed Libreelec I have to use the 100mb network dtb instead of the 1gb network dtb even though the device has 1gb card (or so it states)

Any help or advice appreciated

Thanks

• To check if the USBs are working or not, just plug a thumb drive in, connect to your box using SSH and enter the following command:

Code
    lsusb

this will ljst all usb devices which are connected. If your thumbdrive shows up they work, if not, then not ;)

• Hi

That command didn't display anything? Not sure if it was supposed to, I assume it was? Is there a command that can be run to see what firmware and devices are installed? As I have an identical box running Libreelec that works perfectly so there must be some difference, would be good to find out what?

Thanks

Mark

• Hey Mark;

I am using a different box; but this is a fairly standard "output" of the isusb command (its from a A95X_S905_1G/8G)

LibreELEC:~ # lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I have nothing connected to the unit, but the "root hubs" are still displayed, if it doesn't display any information about the root hubs, the Linux kernel ins't recognizing the ports whatsoever..

Unfortunately; from my experimentation of these Libreelec builds the incorrect device tree, doesn't seem to make a difference when it comes to usb

what build are you currently running? As far as I know the "8.0" builds (although alpha state) use a newer kernel often times, newer linux kernels contain newer and more complete drivers(im talking about linux in genral)

Try Doing this
    Open&Connect with putty
    after logging in type
    "cd /storage/.update"
    "wget gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb" or "wget gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb" (depending on your device)
    "mv gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb dtb.img" or "mv gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb"
    "wget LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161109230131-r24433-g7e8b96d.img.gz"
    "reboot"

Give it about 5mins (or until you see its fully updated and rebooted)
    Open&Connect with putty
    after logging in type
    "isusb"

If the output is still null your are probably out of luck, to go back to the old verison (7.0.2.009)
    type
    "cd /storage/.update"
    "wget gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb" or "wget gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb" (depending on your device)
    "mv gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb dtb.img" or "mv gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb"
    "wget LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.009.img.gz"
    "reboot"

Hope this helps, Look forward to your responce

Note, apparently the URL links are getting turnicated, right click on the link and select "copy link address" for the full link

Edited once, last by o10x (November 20, 2016 at 3:48 PM).

• Cheers o10x

I have already tried lots of different options of the dtb files with 08 and 09 but I get different results, although I haven't checked the USB ports when trying them, but different dtb files gives me no sound but network or network but no sound.... It's very odd that's why I was trying to find out what android firmware is running on the box so I could compare?

Any other thoughts is there a way to find out the firmware details via ssh?

Cheers

Mark

• Cheers o10x

I have already tried lots of different options of the dtb files with 08 and 09 but I get different results, although I haven't checked the USB ports when trying them, but different dtb files gives me no sound but network or network but no sound.... It's very odd that's why I was trying to find out what android firmware is running on the box so I could compare?

Any other thoughts is there a way to find out the firmware details via ssh?

Cheers

Mark

I have played with a few,

I found sound issues, network issues, etc.. but the USB storage was always present,

Firmware Version -- Sure its listed when you first ssh.. Problem is, Libreelec is Linux, not android (Android is also Linux, but to a lesser extent)

##############################################
    # LibreELEC #
    # LibreELEC – Just enough OS for KODI #
    ##############################################

LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20161109230131-r24433-g7e8b96d
    LibreELEC git: 7e8b96d91922b126ffecc4a457b9a590e66e9c5d

Version Specifies the firmware you are running, I would try the "Krypton builds" because as far as i know it uses a different kernel than the Jarvis Builds thus it might have different USB support ..

Your only other option would be to flash back to Android(ie Stock Rom), If then in a terminal emulator, type lsusb and see what the output is (and record it) so you know what USB hub is built into your device(and if it actually works).. then you might be able to find a kernel that hubs support

• Version Specifies the firmware you are running, I would try the "Krypton builds" because as far as i know it uses a different kernel than the Jarvis Builds thus it might have different USB support ..

Not true. When you consider my builds, the kernel is identical in Jarvis and Krypton builds.