Harmony 650 Setup

• I have an older gigabyte brix. I recently installed librelec on a flash drive to give it a try and notice that my harmony 650 remote does not seem to work. I have a cheap rosewill ir dongle from newegg. Are there different dongles that work better than others or is there some extra config I need to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• My harmony 650 works fine in LE with my nuc 5th gen. I had to reprogram it using myharmony software though as MCE keyboard and Media center SE didnt work. In myharmony software I had to add my nuc instead, maybe you should try to add your device in harmonys device list if it's not there, and remove MCE/Media Center SE devices. I also had to change all my keymappings wich is done easily in the addon found in kodis official repo.
    I hope this helps.
    Sorry for my english, if you don't understand I can try to explain better.

• My harmony 650 works fine in LE with my nuc 5th gen. I had to reprogram it using myharmony software though as MCE keyboard and Media center SE didnt work. In myharmony software I had to add my nuc instead, maybe you should try to add your device in harmonys device list if it's not there, and remove MCE/Media Center SE devices. I also had to change all my keymappings wich is done easily in the addon found in kodis official repo.
    I hope this helps.
    Sorry for my english, if you don't understand I can try to explain better.

Thank you, I will give that a try when I get home from work.

• I have an older gigabyte brix. I recently installed librelec on a flash drive to give it a try and notice that my harmony 650 remote does not seem to work. I have a cheap rosewill ir dongle from newegg. Are there different dongles that work better than others or is there some extra config I need to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You need to load a device on the Harmony that's compatible with the dongle.
    So if the dongle comes with a remote that's a place to start.
    Or if you have a model number for the dongle it should be simple to find.
    What device are you using on the Harmony now?

• I have windows 10 installed now just wanted to try libreelec

Got it to work, thanks for the help. Just added the rosewill remote from newegg as a device in my harmony and all is good.

Edited once, last by gwilly7 (November 20, 2016 at 3:59 AM).

• Although I was able to get the remote working, I could never actually get the menu key to work properly or the back key. I was able to use the keymap editor addon to assign back or context to the colored keys but not their actual key. I ended up buying a flirc and still had the same problem. Using the same remote in windows these keys work correctly. Has anyone successfully gotten these two keys to work?

• Although I was able to get the remote working, I could never actually get the menu key to work properly or the back key. I was able to use the keymap editor addon to assign back or context to the colored keys but not their actual key. I ended up buying a flirc and still had the same problem. Using the same remote in windows these keys work correctly. Has anyone successfully gotten these two keys to work?

Don't know what "device" you are using in MyHarmony. Try "Flirc/Kodi". Flirc should work right of the box.

• Don't know what "device" you are using in MyHarmony. Try "Flirc/Kodi". Flirc should work right of the box.

yes I am using Flirc/Kodi int he my harmony software and everything except the menu button and the back button work great. I have tried both the flirc gui and the keymap editor addon with no luck. For those two buttons when I hit the button to pair nothing happens. I can use the colored buttons to accomplish the same thing but I have been using the harmony for years and am used to using the buttons in their original place.

• Check that those keys have a function associated in the Harmony software, if not they simply won't send any signal and you can't use them no matter what kind of receiver you try.

• Yes in my harmony the menu is context menu and the back button is back.

Plug in a USB keyboard and try that. If it doesn't work properly then your Kodi keymap is borked. If so reset that first. Then set your harmony to some samsung/panasonic, etc remote that has any old function assigned to ALL the keys on your physical remote. After that, use flirc config to assign each key to an actual keyboard key.

• yes I am using Flirc/Kodi int he my harmony software and everything except the menu button and the back button work great. I have tried both the flirc gui and the keymap editor addon with no luck. For those two buttons when I hit the button to pair nothing happens. I can use the colored buttons to accomplish the same thing but I have been using the harmony for years and am used to using the buttons in their original place.

A long press on the enter key should bring up the context menu as appropriate.

• So I finally got this working not sure why this is the case, but to use the back button or the menu button, I have to actually first select devices on the remote and then the flirc media player. Every other button besides these two work right away when when starting the activity. Does anyone know why this is? I have been using harmony remotes for years with windows computers (have 3 in the house all using harmony remotes) and have never had to change to a certain activity for some buttons to work. At least is now works, I have been beating myself up for days trying to figure this out.

Edited once, last by gwilly7 (December 15, 2016 at 2:34 AM).

• I have a harmony ultimate one and a NUC5PPYH. Setting Logitech as the NUC (intel media centre) seems to work for all my buttons except STOP. I rebound the key in harmony to "something else" and remapped that key in libreelec but was never able to utilise the stop button natively. Using ir-keytable to test input the stop button does send a hex code but not a "STOP_COMMAND" etc. I have no idea how to add the long hex codes to a lookup table etc.