Remote control issues since LibreElec 7.X+

  • Hi,


    I have an issue with my remote control – it drives my really crazy and I have no idea how I could fix it:


    Most of the times button presses are repeated many many times. E.g. if I want to navigate in the menu and press left, the “cursor” moves "forever" left even if my remote control is not sending anymore. Sometimes remote pressed are not recognized at all and barley the remote is working as it is supposed to be.


    Currently I am running LibreElec 8.0.1. I had no problems in OpenElec 6.X. The problems started with OpenElec/LibreElec 7.X.


    Does anyone have an idea how to fix or debug my remote issues, or is there a way to bring back the “remote code” from OpenElec 6.X to the current version of LibreElec by myself?


    Thank you!


    History:


    OpenElec 6.X: everything works perfect. I had never problemed with my remote.


    OpenElec 7.0/LibreElec 7.X: The problems with the remote started. Therefore I switched to LibreELec 7.X. Unfortunately, I had the same problems with my remote. If I remember concretely, with these versions most of the time the button presses were not recognized at all – and not this crazy “command repetition problem”. I also bought a new USB Receiver – but the problems are still the same. I also tried some tweaks for the Harmony One - neither had an positive effect.


    LibreElec 8.X: Remote problems as described above.



    My setup:


    PC: Zotac ZBOX CI320 Nano


    IR Receiver: Build-in & Zotac USB IR receiver


    Remote: Logitech Harmony One; Profile for Zotac ZBOX

  • I installed today LibreElec from scratch and did not restore a backup of the last user settings. I set up everything again manually.


    Unfortunately, I have still the issues with the remote control. I enabled the debug log and notice lines like this:



    21:27:23.035 T:139929313015040 DEBUG: OnKey: 167 (0xa7, obc88) pressed, action is Down
    21:27:23.267 T:139928490997504 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 5 times.
    21:27:23.267 T:139928490997504 DEBUG: Mysql execute: INSERT INTO streamdetails (idFile, iStreamType, strAudioCodec, iAudioChannels, strAudioLanguage) VALUES (142,1,'dca',6,'ger')
    21:27:23.271 T:139928490997504 DEBUG: Mysql execute: INSERT INTO streamdetails (idFile, iStreamType, strSubtitleLanguage) VALUES (142,2,'ger')
    21:27:23.275 T:139928490997504 DEBUG: Mysql execute: update movie set c11=8120 where idFile=142 and c11=''
    21:27:23.281 T:139928490997504 DEBUG: Mysql execute: update episode set c09=8120 where idFile=142 and c09=''
    21:27:23.287 T:139928490997504 DEBUG: Mysql execute: update musicvideo set c04=8120 where idFile=142 and c04=''
    21:27:23.303 T:139929313015040 DEBUG: OnKey: 167 (0xa7, obc88) pressed, action is Down
    21:27:23.622 T:139928490997504 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 7 times.
    21:27:23.622 T:139928490997504 DEBUG: Mysql commit transaction
    21:27:23.629 T:139929313015040 DEBUG: OnKey: 167 (0xa7, obc88) pressed, action is Down
    21:27:42.516 T:139929313015040 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 290 times.



    Does anyone have a suggestion what could cause this problem?

  • Could you please run the following commands and post the output?


    Code
    dmesg | paste
    journalctl -a | paste
    lsusb -v | paste


    so long,


    Hias

  • Hi Hias,


    Here are the results, using my external USB IR receiver. Thank you in advance!


    dmesg | paste
    ZdiW


    journalctl -a | paste
    ANUg


    lsusb -v | paste
    can't get debug descriptor: Resource temporarily unavailable
    can't get debug descriptor: Resource temporarily unavailable
    can't get debug descriptor: Resource temporarily unavailable
    can't get debug descriptor: Resource temporarily unavailable
    can't get device qualifier: Resource temporarily unavailable
    can't get device qualifier: Resource temporarily unavailable
    can't get debug descriptor: Resource temporarily unavailable
    ERcH



    I tried also playing around with


    <remotedelay>10</remotedelay>
    <remoterepeat>2000</remoterepeat>


    in the advancedsettings.xml. But this did not fix the problem. I also never used these parameters in OpenElec 6.x.


    For testing a I installed on the same PC Windows 10 + Kodi 17.1. I did not change anything for the Harmony One. The remote works fine under Windows, but I would really prefer sticking to LibreElec and not using Windows for Kodi.