Posts by mutantcarrot

Dell latitude e6320 i5 2nd gen intel hd2000 gfx. Fresh install. Latest Stable Version (2023.03) gives no option to select video out, internal screen is correct, external HDMI is active but black. It isnt that the setting doesnt work, the setting is not there to change (expert mode)

Installing Old Version (2023.01) I get instant clone of internal screen via HDMI and the ability to select output display in settings. Im happy to use the old version but I would like to use the new one.

the hardware that this will live on (same laptop type) has a shattered display hence I will be using HDMI output only - I was testing on a donor system as I couldnt get the new version to work on the shattered display laptop (the old version works on both).

I have a harmony ultimate one and a NUC5PPYH. Setting Logitech as the NUC (intel media centre) seems to work for all my buttons except STOP. I rebound the key in harmony to "something else" and remapped that key in libreelec but was never able to utilise the stop button natively. Using ir-keytable to test input the stop button does send a hex code but not a "STOP_COMMAND" etc. I have no idea how to add the long hex codes to a lookup table etc.

Installed LibreElec stable on a NUC5PPYH with pulse8 CEC adapter. Adapter is recognised in libreelec, TV recognises CEC as "CEC adapter", connects but the remote control buttons don't actually do anything, the TV "disconnects CEC" after about 2 minutes.
    Installed Windows 10, installed KODI 16.1 Jarvis, installed libcec3.0 windows. CEC adapter is recognised by the TV as "Kodi" and the buttons work - TV did not disconnect CEC overnight.
    Installed openelec older version 5 (kodi 14) on rasp PI2, using inbuilt PI CEC tv detects CEC as "Kodi" and buttons work. I used this setup for 12 months+ without CEC issues.

Any ideas on why the standalone LibreElec wont work? I even tried the "new" alpha krypton (don't like the new interface skin but hey ho personal preference and all) but that didn't change anything. I don't know if I should try an older version of libcec (I didn't see which version was used in the old pi2 openelec - i'll boot that up again tonight and check versions), how can you "downgrade" libcec? I don't mind fiddling via putty....

At the moment I have left the system dual booting W10 and LibreElec stable (with the BCD default to W10 - autologin with KODI opening, this adds a lot of overhead to boot time though!)