NUC10i5FNH and LE-10.0.2

• Well, I tried LE-10.0.2 on my NUC10i5FNH box and it did not discover any audio device, bummer. I'm using AVR over the HDMI.

So I switched to last SMP build LE-11.0-devel and at least it discovered my audio device. There are some other problems (not sure if this is just my AVR setup or something else), but I can live with that:

• pasthrough mode is not working for some audio streams, so I disabled it completely:
      • E-AC-3 JOC with forced mode gives muted dialog channel, while stream without forced mode seems to work fine
      • AC-3 is muted completely
      • with disabled passthrough audio these streams work fine
    • HDR is shuttering.

Is there any option in LE setup to disable/ignore HDR?

• I wonder if that passthrough problem isn't related to the NUC itself? I updated bios at the end of 2021, but I see now that in March 2021 Intel released also HDMI Firmware Update, which I'm sure I'm missing on my NUC as that update tool needs Win10 to run properly.

Any Guru here to point me into some direction with this? ;)

• Any Guru here to point me into some direction with this?

maybe this thread could help:

Thomas_AR
    March 10, 2021 at 5:46 PM

you need adjust the links for your NUC, though.

P.S.

"Guru" or "Gooroo"

Music Band "Spliff" (formerly Nina Hagen Band)

Album "The Spliff Radio Show" (1980)

song "Gooroo"

cit.: "...hadihadijama I never wear pyjama" ... "...I eat no Schweinefleisch, I'm doing what I know..." :S

youtube is your friend

other song "Stoned Airline" :saint:

Edited once, last by GDPR-7 (March 13, 2022 at 4:47 PM).

• So I tried to use win-to-go usb stick to run Win 10 out of it and execute that hdmi patch from Intel (as this exec is running only from Win 10) - hoping that this approach will not jeopardize my LE setup there.

What a pain! Tried with 32 and 64 bits Win 10 recovery disk, then official Win 10 iso images (again 32 and 64 bits) which Rufus can use to build win-to-go usb stick - and neither worked properly, they did not want to boot or were crashing soon after booting. Finally it booted nicely from HirenPE, and then (obviously) Intel tools started failing, I suppose as Hiren is missing specific NUC drivers.

So here is my collection so far - screenshot and the log file:

Code: Log
    Gfx Selection = 0
    Graphics adapter initialization - NVIDIA: failed! (-2)
    Graphics adapter initialization - AMD: Loading DLL failed!
    Graphics adapter initialization - Intel (LS-PCON): failed! (-2147221164)
    Graphics adapter initialization failed!
    [Chip Information]
    Reset Bobcat failed!

Hiren seems to have option to add custom drivers, but the problem with NUC is that most of these drivers are in a form of exe file which just need to be executed on the device. Ughh.

• Hiren seems to have option to add custom drivers, but the problem with NUC is that most of these drivers are in a form of exe file which just need to be executed on the device. Ughh.

HDMI flash tool started with admin rights ???

correct HDMI flash tool downloaded (the linked thread deals with a NUC8) ?

I would recommand not to flash HDMI without at least chipset and GPU driver (from the Intel website !) installed in windows !

otherwise you risk to damage-flash the HDMI and then you got a shiny new paperweight

it's some time back when I successful flashed HDMI under HirenPE.

the driver installed fine -IIRC- they were *.exe too.

and I need the VC runtimes (in the link thread: comment #22)

But you are always on the saver side to native install windows on the nuc.

cause HirenPE, etc. lives in RAM, a additional risk on top of power blackout.

- more work, I know -

And if it fixes your problem, is another question.

but even in the case it doesn't, when later problems regarding HDMI might come up, you surely could exclude it's a uncurrent HDMI-FW !

Edited 3 times, last by GDPR-7 (March 15, 2022 at 1:22 PM).

• So here is the update:

• Booted it from MediCat USB as CvH suggested (btw. this is really amazing tool, but I did not use "official" installer as my Windows raised security threats). Anyways I booted into its "mini Win 10" but these Intel tools showed exactly the same errors.
    • So I gave up with the attempt to update it via usb stick. I found unused M.2 SSD in my drawer, I will replace it in the NUC and go regular way - install Win 10 and run updaters.
  • That was quick, comparing to my previous efforts :D

So under genuine Win 10 these Intel updaters worked fine and flashed my hdmi firmware without any problems.

And LE-11.0-devel passthrough is still not working with my AVR. Ughh.

• I guess it is cause your NUC do not have audio output (cinch ?).

AFAIK, your NUC transfers audio via HDMI/DP

or

is the most right bar scrollable (though, I guess you did that already) ?

• adam.h. Just publish the link to the log, and we'll have a look:

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • So here is the log file.

LE was set to passthrough and I tested these samples:

1. SampleA-EAC3-JOC - worked fine

2. SampleB-EAC3-JOC - worked fine

3. SampleC-AC3 - muted

4. SampleD-MLP-FBA16 - worked fine

5. SampleE-EAC3 - worked fine

6. SampleF-AC3/DTS - muted on AC3 stream, worked fine with DTS stream

Let me know if you need more.

• Thanks. I haven't found obvious errors related to "SampleC" or "SampleF".

• use HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 cables to be able to deal with higher data rates (also see your HDR problem)
    • on LE's audio settings use 2.0 output channels and MAI PCM output device
    • test NUC -- HDMI --> TV to rule out AVR issues
  • Problem solved in a trivial way, although I'm not following it :D

So in all my tests I was using HDMI #1 output device as NUC is connected to AVR over HDMI. And I was considering DisplayPort #0 as the USB-C output which I'm not using (see the attached list of recognized devices). But when I switched it to DisplayPort #0 (just in the LE setup), passthrough streaming started working (see attached example Atmos/DTHD input received in the AVR). And this is just setup change in LE, the physical setup is still the same: [NUC]--hdmi--[AVR]--hdmi--[TV].

So now all audio formats are working great in passthrough mode but I don't understand why :D Is it a bug or expected feature?